FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
I don’t use PAAK, but ours works just fine as long as I have the FOB in my pocket! We had this feature on our Cmax but it works much better on the Mach-E.
5 and 1/2 months and 4600 miles in.
I don’t use the FOB. I figured if the car is supposed to be able to work with PAAK, then it should. They’ll get it right eventually. It opens just about every time with PAAK, but only closes 3% of the time.

I actually had a good day last week and it worked twice in a row. Worked every time on my Explorer Sport.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I don’t use the FOB. I figured if the car is supposed to be able to work with PAAK, then it should. They’ll get it right eventually. It opens just about every time with PAAK, but only closes 3% of the time.

I actually had a good day last week and it worked twice in a row. Worked every time on my Explorer Sport.
I love this feature because I usually have my hands full when I need to open the tailgate! I wont say that it works every time because we don’t live in a Perfect World! Lol

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Fixed today, and PDR'd the dent they left.
Were you able to fix this yourself, or did you have to stop by the dealer and have them clear the code for you?

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Were you able to fix this yourself, or did you have to stop by the dealer and have them clear the code for you?
I cleared the code, that did nothing, it just returned.

I went back to the dealer yesterday. They worked on updating it for a few hours. I haven't gotten a list of what they did (it will be emailed to me), but the Service Manager told me that the system was telling them that they had to replace the sensor and/or sensor circuit, or the BCM, and the tech was like "yeah, no, that's not right". He updated multiple modules, including some that aren't part of this update, while he was at it. Everything works now.

The PDR guy was there also (I had arranged to come when he was in), and he did the work while the tech was doing the updates, since the vehicle is basically sitting there. I can't find where the dent was.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I had 21P22 done a few days ago - foot activated tailgate still works perfectly. Note that I have found the best way is a straight kick in on the left edge of the license plate. Works every time!

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The reality is that modern vehicles are like having a bunch of computers. Think back if you have Windows years ago, how sometimes an update screwed things up. Or the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. Many times rebooting fixes things, but sometimes an update causes a weird problem (as mine did), and has to be redone even though it was done 100% correctly the first time.

I am not surprised at the issues being confronted with the updates and software in general on this vehicle. I'm just glad that my dealership is responsive to fixing things when they occur. I don't get "2 weeks" or any other BS.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After updating with FDRS I had to do a 12 V reset to get everything working correctly again. Sometime CTRL-Alt-Del is the best answer. :cool:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
For me, the kick sensor works fine - its PAAK that's the issue. Sometimes PAAK works, and sometimes it doesn't (like when my hands are full, I'm in a hurry, I'm in front of friends, or any other time Murphy's Law would dictate that PAAK will fail).
Sponsored