Thoughts on a dealer demo

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Possibly not a "demo" but a "FCTP" car. That is the "Ford Courtesy Transportation Program" vehicle. The FCTP cars are registered by the dealer, they are not on a dealer plate. Ford provides a rebate to the dealer for placing the vehicle in the program. Our dealership had one, they must be in service for 90 days to collect the rebate.
There is also a mileage limit. Our local Ford dealer had one that we were using like a free rental car. After we got it up over 2,000 miles they were able to sell it.
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I wouldn’t buy a demo vehicle but you also have to consider the fact that the dealer could probably sell that to some new buyer for well over the sticker price even used even without the tax rebate in this current marketplace

Carvana and Vroom do it several times a day check it out

Jes sayin

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
What a difference a year makes!!
Seriously, I happened upon a demo MME (Premium 4EX) about 100 miles away (in another state) in May 2021. I put down a $1K non-refundable deposit with a written agreement to purchase for MSRP on the date the car became eligible to be sold (4 month/4000 mile demo policy from Ford). The vehicle had been put into service in early March. The dealer, Tindol Ford in Gastonia, NC was excellent and all went according to plan.
Picked her up on July 15 with 1300 miles on the odometer. She was in great condition and everything was up to date. I called Ford and asked for, and received an extended warranty (6 months/6K miles) at no charge. also made sure she was eligible for and did receive my Federal rebate.
My local dealer, Jim Hudson Ford, in SC has been excellent to work with and has done software updates, windshield replacement and a few minor warranty repairs. My main point would be demos are not necessarily a bad thing and it could be viewed as somewhat of a "shakedown cruise." And it sure beats paying MSRP. By the time I picked her up, my salesman said they had turned down offers of MSRP + 10K!!! There are some good dealers out there, you just have to be careful, in unique car-buying environment.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts on a dealer demo IMG_3462
Sponsored