Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Terrance thx for doing this test, great feed back and write-up! Makes me even more eager to see what the GT, GTP, and future "Shelby" Mach-E can do!
Shelby Mach-E? You've got my attention sir...
Sponsored

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Shelby Mach-E? You've got my attention sir...
Contact Chris Ruby at Shelby American and get your name on the list. The more people who show interest, the more likely the program is to go forward.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Excellent write up! Fun read, awesome detail and great pictures. Thank you for taking the time to be so thorough. I have a 911, so I did not expect too much from the MME. We just got it on Saturday, but I am pleasantly surprised at the performance and handling, considering it is a heavy SUV-ish thing.

My prediction is Ford will drop the Mustang name for the Mach-E sometime after the 2022 model year, and go with a new division, like Hyundai did with Genesis. It was controversial but smart to leverage the most recognizable Ford model for the marketing push.

I love the look of those wheels and tires! Couple of questions though - will you keep them on the MME or only swap for track days? I am a little surprised that 275's fit, are there any clearance issues? Thanks!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<snip>
My prediction is Ford will drop the Mustang name for the Mach-E sometime after the 2022 model year, and go with a new division, like Hyundai did with Genesis. It was controversial but smart to leverage the most recognizable Ford model for the marketing push.
<snip>
Several years ago, Ford openly stated that their business was going to be Trucks, SUVs, and Mustang. I don’t see them dropping “Mustang” from the MME unless Mustang becomes a new division and the name Ford is dropped from the MME. There are already very few Ford identifiers on the car. It would be easy enough for suppliers to not print “Ford” on the windshield.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Contact Chris Ruby at Shelby American and get your name on the list. The more people who show interest, the more likely the program is to go forward.
now..... if they decide to pull the body off, ditch all the extras and remove limiters from controller, add a 2-speed gearbox, and drop on a GT40 shell.... THAT would catch my attention!

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Several years ago, Ford openly stated that their business was going to be Trucks, SUVs, and Mustang. I don’t see them dropping “Mustang” from the MME unless Mustang becomes a new division and the name Ford is dropped from the MME. There are already very few Ford identifiers on the car. It would be easy enough for suppliers to not print “Ford” on the windshield.
Not only that but I'd see it more as they branch off into a Mustang sub division and keep the Mach E there as a performance SUV and then have the coupe options as well. Makes more sense then marketing a Mustang Mach E and then removing Mustang from it.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Excellent write up! Fun read, awesome detail and great pictures. Thank you for taking the time to be so thorough. I have a 911, so I did not expect too much from the MME. We just got it on Saturday, but I am pleasantly surprised at the performance and handling, considering it is a heavy SUV-ish thing.

I love the look of those wheels and tires! Couple of questions though - will you keep them on the MME or only swap for track days? I am a little surprised that 275's fit, are there any clearance issues? Thanks!
Awesome stable mate for the Mach-E. I have a a 991.1 GT3 as well. I am pretty consistently telling people to rethink this platform. It is good an has a lot of potential for both comfort and performance.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Track-E : Taking the Mach-E To Sonoma Raceway 8D117E01-521F-4BF3-8351-2B4B63A97853_1_201_a
Ford Mustang Mach-E Track-E : Taking the Mach-E To Sonoma Raceway 7E16B438-8734-408B-89EA-D54D94A3F3E2_1_201_a
Ford Mustang Mach-E Track-E : Taking the Mach-E To Sonoma Raceway 232CA1AC-835B-4DF1-B372-EAF31292F049

I am going to use this particular wheel setup for some auto cross and then probably let them go to a new home. The 275's work here without a problem. I can get a little more out of it if someone really wanted maximum fitment. I really like having the car to test on

now..... if they decide to pull the body off, ditch all the extras and remove limiters from controller, add a 2-speed gearbox, and drop on a GT40 shell.... THAT would catch my attention!
This tickles my fancy. I would be all for an EV powered true sports car body.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Awesome stable mate for the Mach-E. I have a a 991.1 GT3 as well. I am pretty consistently telling people to rethink this platform. It is good an has a lot of potential for both comfort and performance.
Wanna trade? LOL
I am jealous - the GT3 is such a fantastic car. My 911 is also a 991.1, Cabriolet, but base model engine. It is my daily driver, but still the most fun I can have with my clothes on! My goal is to upgrade to a Turbo model one day, I won't be tracking it, just want the very fastest 0-60 time with that irreplaceable boxer motor sound.
As I like to say, the 911 is not just A sportscar, it is THE sportscar. There really is no substitute!

I have only had the MME for a day, but it has far exceeded my expectations and I like it a lot already. Reading reviews like yours only reinforces my thinking that I made a good choice, despite all the first model year glitches.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Awesome stable mate for the Mach-E.

This tickles my fancy. I would be all for an EV powered true sports car body.
my mach-e doesn't have quite as pretty a 'stablemate', I have a self-converted '94 Miata. It's a super simple DC setup to minimize weight/cost.... retained the original gearing, 50/50 balance, and came out at stock weight (about 2600#) generating about 120kW of usable power under load which makes it plenty of fun for a Miata. Only 40-50 mile range, but they are very fun miles!

20200530_NewfrontBrakes.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Wanna trade? LOL
I am jealous - the GT3 is such a fantastic car. My 911 is also a 991.1, Cabriolet, but base model engine. It is my daily driver, but still the most fun I can have with my clothes on! My goal is to upgrade to a Turbo model one day, I won't be tracking it, just want the very fastest 0-60 time with that irreplaceable boxer motor sound.
As I like to say, the 911 is not just A sportscar, it is THE sportscar. There really is no substitute!

I have only had the MME for a day, but it has far exceeded my expectations and I like it a lot already. Reading reviews like yours only reinforces my thinking that I made a good choice, despite all the first model year glitches.
997.2 Turbo is on my short list for sure. Keep enjoying those smiles per gallon brother.

my mach-e doesn't have quite as pretty a 'stablemate', I have a self-converted '94 Miata. It's a super simple DC setup to minimize weight/cost.... retained the original gearing, 50/50 balance, and came out at stock weight (about 2600#) generating about 120kW of usable power under load which makes it plenty of fun for a Miata. Only 40-50 mile range, but they are very fun miles!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Track-E : Taking the Mach-E To Sonoma Raceway 1626122664260
This is by far the coolest thing I have seen all day. Need more pics and info on the swap for sure.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
997.2 Turbo is on my short list for sure. Keep enjoying those smiles per gallon brother.

This is by far the coolest thing I have seen all day. Need more pics and info on the swap for sure.

I created still picture bloggish website of my eDIY conversions at www.envirokarma.org if you want to see the builds in detail. I was doing it at a time when Lithium batteries were a new thing, and the battery management systems were sometimes less reliable than the batteries without management. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.