Trunk Storage Support Bracket Part Number?

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hey group, so I had one of my storage support arms under the rear storage floor fail yesterday. Hours of looking and I cannot find this part number? Not sure if Ford will fix it under warranty? Had about 100lbs in the rear, so sort of surprised it came undone. Anyhow, trying to see if it's something I can replace on my own.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Trunk Storage Support Bracket Part Number? Mach E Storage Support
Sponsored

OP
OP

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well, think i found it... looks like its part of the entire rear quarter panel piece and $563 😭. Be careful with the weight you put on these trunk boards... 100lbs for more than a couple hours will break these support brackets... they are only plastic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Trunk Storage Support Bracket Part Number? Ford Parts.JPG

Ford Parts.JPG

OP
OP

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That doesn't look like the same part.
Yeah, it's why i missed it the first look... if you Zoom in, it appears the support brack in my photo seems to match the shape of that small area i circled in red from the ford part page. I might have the wrong side, but overall it appears to be part of the interior quarterpanel.

OP
OP

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
But if I'm wrong, happy to see it be a cheaper part... anyone have an idea on the part or similar issue please share.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Does the dealership know? That part that failed in your pic, that holds the left side of your rear deck cannot be $500+, if so.... that's crazy.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE ordered
Country flag
Does the dealership know? That part that failed in your pic, that holds the left side of your rear deck cannot be $500+, if so.... that's crazy.
It's not. It's attached to a much larger piece that is over $500.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Yes, I get that. It's a big bummer if you have to but the whole thing. Perhaps, if there's space, you could use a thin, sturdy piece of wood and screw it back in? I think I'll leave mine in the lower position.

OP
OP

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
surprised this is designed to fail so easily. you think the fiberboard flooring of the trunk would break before this support bracket would. Again, I had between 80-100lbs in the trunk

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Certainly there would be some sort of weight rating. Any way you look at it, this should not have happened, in a sport UTILITY vehicle. :rolleyes:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
surprised this is designed to fail so easily. you think the fiberboard flooring of the trunk would break before this support bracket would. Again, I had between 80-100lbs in the trunk
I wouldn't think it would have broken with only that much weight, but for future reference, keep the load floor in the lower position unless you need it to be flat with the folded back seats to fit something large.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
FWIW, I would definitely take it to the dealership and tell them what happened. I did a quick check of the owner's manual and there's nothing I could find about any weight limits on the load floor. 100 lbs is not at all an unreasonable amount of weight - I read how several forum members have camped in their cars. I think this should be covered under your warranty. Good luck!

OP
OP

evlar77

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks guys, just trying to get my local Ford dealer service advisors to answer the phone is tough! It's borderline ridiculous. But if I can't fix it myself I will go that route.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks guys, just trying to get my local Ford dealer service advisors to answer the phone is tough! It's borderline ridiculous. But if I can't fix it myself I will go that route.
Hey group, so I had one of my storage support arms under the rear storage floor fail yesterday. Hours of looking and I cannot find this part number? Not sure if Ford will fix it under warranty? Had about 100lbs in the rear, so sort of surprised it came undone. Anyhow, trying to see if it's something I can replace on my own.
I am sorry to see you have this kind of problem. After seeing your problem I've reinforced ours

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Looks like you can drill two holes in the bracket and use mechanical fasteners to re-attach it. That middle one might be reusable so just press it back in after you have drilled the two holes you need.

Use a small punch to remaining portion of the left and right pin that broke off the bracket. That way you can determine what size sheet metal screw fits the existing holes in the body.