that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
My GTPE has almost 13k miles and the front rotors are warped to hell. I always used 1 pedal driving. My one pedal stopped working due to a faulty wheel speed sensor so I had to use the regular brakes. The wheel pulses so bad when braking. Is there any upgraded rotors from anywhere yet for these?

A31195AF-A0C6-4E7F-BEBD-40F77A3572BF.jpeg
Sponsored

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Did you do a panic stop or a high speed stop? I'd be very surprised if the rotors warped under normal use. One thing that can happen that feels like warped rotors is material transfer. In that case, you have to get them pretty hot, then come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake. Material can transfer from the pad to the rotor, and it creates a thick spot.

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
The pulsing is from non use of the friction brakes. The stock rotors are plenty good. Yours are just contaminated. You’ll have to use the friction brakes regularly to clean them off and keep clean.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Did you do a panic stop or a high speed stop? I'd be very surprised if the rotors warped under normal use. One thing that can happen that feels like warped rotors is material transfer. In that case, you have to get them pretty hot, then come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake. Material can transfer from the pad to the rotor, and it creates a thick spot.
The pulsing is from non use of the friction brakes. The stock rotors are plenty good. Yours are just contaminated. You’ll have to use the friction brakes regularly to clean them off and keep clean.
Bingo.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My GTPE has almost 13k miles and the front rotors are warped to hell. I always used 1 pedal driving. My one pedal stopped working due to a faulty wheel speed sensor so I had to use the regular brakes. The wheel pulses so bad when braking. Is there any upgraded rotors from anywhere yet for these?

A31195AF-A0C6-4E7F-BEBD-40F77A3572BF.jpeg
That would all be covered under warranty. Get the sensor fixed and ask them to put a run out gauge on your rotors. I bet you will find they are straight and true. And if not, they will be replaced as well.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I warped rotors on a car once. Wasn’t from any of the above.

It was from washing the car when the brakes were hot.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I warped rotors on a car once. Wasn’t from any of the above.

It was from washing the car when the brakes were hot.
That reminds me of when some sanctioning bodies allowed liquid cooling in addition to air. As with everything else, it got expensive so they had to save us from ourselves and make it illegal. 🤪🐩

I have only warped a rotor on a 1/2-ton 4x4. Too much load, too much speed, hilly and curvy terrain. Oh, and the crappy OEM-style brakes on my ‘71 Celica. Forgot I warped a rotor on it too after upgrading the master, prop valve, and pads. Those brakes were a joke even on a ~2K pound car. 🤪🐩
Sponsored