Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Well, good to see at least one thread brought to a rapid and valid conclusion!

Monkeys. Thatt's funny, right there. I don't care who you are.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Wow, did this thread "swing" in a different direction. Now stop "monkeying around" and get back to the Mach E.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
My 6 month Old Mach-E performance edition GT the front grill (Black Plastic) has cracked. The car has not hit anything, driven normally and garage kept.

My local dealership thought for sure Ford would take care of it, and they have declined to assist in getting it Fixed. There is no signs of impact at all on the car, the panel is a bit misaligned. Larger gap on the drivers side then the passenger side yet they still say they will not assist at all. $2,200 for the part too.

Very disappointed with Ford.

Pardon the bugs I'm in Florida.

Ford feel free to contact me as I feel this needs to be resolved.

16585193555287301480660504340301.jpg
My 6 month Old Mach-E performance edition GT the front grill (Black Plastic) has cracked. The car has not hit anything, driven normally and garage kept.

My local dealership thought for sure Ford would take care of it, and they have declined to assist in getting it Fixed. There is no signs of impact at all on the car, the panel is a bit misaligned. Larger gap on the drivers side then the passenger side yet they still say they will not assist at all. $2,200 for the part too.

Very disappointed with Ford.

Pardon the bugs I'm in Florida.

Ford feel free to contact me as I feel this needs to be resolved.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Very Frustrated with Ford!!!! 1658537068148
I had a similar issue with my 2021 Audi e-tron. I bought it brand new had it for 1-month and stopped by to get a software update. The tech informed me that my front camera was cracked. I told them it had to come in this way, I am very meticulous with my vehicles. They wouldn't cover it despite buying about 6 Audis over the past 15 years. The cost was about $1,000 to fix and calibrate but I was able to buy an OEM part on eBay and got the price down to around $400. I was almost certain the crack was there when I bought the car but can't be 100% sure. I guess there is a chance a rock kicked up on the road and hit the camera dead on and cracked it, I can't for sure rule that out. I think the same applies to you, something could have caused the crack and since you can't be sure it's a part defect, Ford won't cover it.

Mr67gta

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford, 1967 Mustang GTA, DMG 2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately Foardā€˜s customer service just overall is just horrible my monkey is been in and out the shop for over a month from ordering all the wrong parts to doing work that they need to be done itā€™s just been a clown show
Are we talking about the frunk monkey here?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Add this to the list of reasons I believe this car is not ā€œdurable.ā€

Been on a car forum for every car Iā€™ve owned.

Never seen so many parts just scratch, crack and break so easily.

Ford went waaaay too far in the cost cutting department when they sourced parts for this car.

If you disagree, feel free to test the durability of any of the interior plastic trim. Or specific parts like the plastic tabs that hold up the storage shelf in the rear in the upper position. Or the charge port cover.

Everything plastic in the car seems super flimsy and weak. The glass isnā€™t any better. Randomly shatters on people. Or cracks with the first tiny rock.

Itā€™s a good thing itā€™s pretty and drives so dang well.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
Add this to the list of reasons I believe this car is not ā€œdurable.ā€

Been on a car forum for every car Iā€™ve owned.

Never seen so many parts just scratch, crack and break so easily.

Ford went waaaay too far in the cost cutting department when they sourced parts for this car.

If you disagree, feel free to test the durability of any of the interior plastic trim. Or specific parts like the plastic tabs that hold up the storage shelf in the rear in the upper position. Or the charge port cover.

Everything plastic in the car seems super flimsy and weak. The glass isnā€™t any better. Randomly shatters on people. Or cracks with the first tiny rock.

Itā€™s a good thing itā€™s pretty and drives so dang well.
I agree, while I like the Mach-e it's my first American car in 25 years and the build quality is nothing like my Audi e-tron. Fortunately, I live in an area that's not to harsh on cars so no major issues so far. My GTPE should be much better built for 68K. The charge port cover is pathetic.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I feel for you. I accidently backed over something and been waiting for Ford Body shop to either respond or fix the car. Insurance approved claim July 6. After numerous calls and texts to body shop with same reply , will get back to you which they never did. I had to do what I didn't want to do. I sent an email to them and copied the GM. I didn't want to do that but had no choice. It wasn't 30 minutes later that Ford Pass let me know someone opened my car hatchback and door and within an hour USAA had approved the additional items for the claim.
My issue is I should not have had to copied the GM in order for them to even look at my car...or to return an email or phonecall. I also asked while the car has been sitting there, could they install the software recall. As far I can see in Ford Pass it hasn't been done.

Not sure at this point how I will rate them Body Shop office 0 GM 10 Communictions 1
Service Dept rep (for recall) 2. Actual workers (got to look at car and see how finished my baby looks..) I don't want to screw the dealership just the body shop office .....
If they were backed up and couldn't get to the car they should have set those expectations.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
At this point Ford won't do anything, an insurance claim will be in order.

Meanwhile Ford can watch their sales plummet once prospective customers get insurance quotes while shopping around...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
That's a bummer. When the supports for my cargo floor broke, the first Ford dealer I took it to refused to even approach Ford about it. I took it to another dealer who did the leg work and Ford replaced both rear quarter panels. When I posted a question here related to my center channel blowing, Ford customer service reached out here and worked with my dealer to get the problem fixed. Because it took a few weeks to get the part, she offered me an extended service plan free of charge for my troubles. YMMV, but my experience with Ford has been wonderful.

I would suggest if there is one by you, take it to another dealer. The other option, if your deductible is low on your comprehensive is low, that may be the cheapest way to repair if you can't get the dealer to work with you.

Last edited: