NW Mach E

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I opened the back to put groceries in and water came pouring out of the grab handle when the hatch was fully raised. The latch also appeared to be wet. I wasn’t able to catch the water pouring out on video but you can see how wet the area is.

I took it into the dealer and they said they need about three days to diagnose the problem. We’ve had the car three months and it has about 2600 miles. Anyone else had this issue?

thanks!
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I opened the back to put groceries in and water came pouring out of the grab handle when the hatch was fully raised. The latch also appeared to be wet. I wasn’t able to catch the water pouring out on video but you can see how wet the area is.

I took it into the dealer and they said they need about three days to diagnose the problem. We’ve had the car three months and it has about 2600 miles. Anyone else had this issue?

thanks!
This has been a problem for a number of owners everywhere, not me (so far). There have been numerous threads about it. Not quite sure what the remedy is as I haven't noticed anyone posting to say how it was cured.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

thanks!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the exact same issue happen to us. Water gushed out of the Handel.

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company I have a 2023 MME Premium. When is rains heavily water streams out of the lift gate handle. What should I do?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company I have a 2023 MME Premium. When is rains heavily water streams out of the lift gate handle. What should I do?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP
NW Mach E

NW Mach E

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
After 8 days at the dealership we got the car back today. Unfortunately I wasn’t there myself but my wife said they told her they replaced some grommets around the tail lights. He did say this was a common problem so I don’t understand why it took so long to fix. In any case, we will keep our eyes open for anymore leaks. Super happy to have our car back!

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope I’ll have better luck when I bring mine in.

raymer82

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
This is happening with my 2021 Mach-e. Can you help me?