schaffer9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Today I opened the rear hatch of my 2023 Premium and water poured out of the opening shown in the photo below. Before I take it to the dealer I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

Attachments

sookestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
22 GTPE and I've had this a few times, which I cannot replicate. I've run the car through a high pressure, touchless car wash dozens of time as well as hand washing the car frequently with an at home high pressure washer all over the rear and nothing.

Then, after a rain storm with wind it has occurred no less than 2 times since I've owned the car.

My hypothesis is this. I live in the Pacific Northwest and we get frequent rain and cooler weather from Oct-May and summers are dry with little to no rain.

The times I have experienced this is usually during the first major rain storm in the fall or a first rain after a long spell of hot dry weather.

This leads me to believe that it is a seal of something that tends to shrink or dry out during warm and dry seasons and that during the frequent raining and cooler months it doesn't occur because whatever it is expands and prevents water ingress.

I haven't experienced it since the fall and we are now 4-5 months with many many days of rain and cooler weather.

Only thing I can think of.

OP
OP

schaffer9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My '23 Premium RWD has been at the dealer for a week, and they can't figure out how the water is getting into the rear hatch. Has anybody had this problem fixed? If so, where did your dealer find the leak?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

JayBonk

Threads