Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Annoying things that happen with my Mach-E - Episode #2064….

When you use the rear wiper washer while driving, and when you get home you open the boot to see that the washer water has sprayed all over the boot through the side vent.

How? I have no idea! Is the water pump located in that area? Is the washer fluid line in that area somewhere?

Back to the dealer we go again!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear window washer water leak in cargo area 26844BA7-9F85-4EDF-B893-AC29908266DE
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oh, oh, I know. I know.
The pump is in the front. The plumbing runs along the ceiling. Up the driver’s side A-Pillar. Across the ceiling down the drivers side above the headliner. Then to the washer nozzle. If your nozzle is clogged, perhaps a connection in the plumbing blew apart. Or perhaps it wasn’t seated well to start with.

So, entertaining story of HOW I KNOw….
When my dealer had my headliner out to do the pano roof reseal, I asked if I could come run the wires for a dashcam. They allowed it. Before I set the back camera I wanted to make sure it was low enough to look out the part of the rear window that the wiper actually cleans. So I get in, start the car, and hit the rear wiper. Suddenly my left shoulder is blasted with washer fluid. That’s when I learned that with the headliner down, the rest of the plumbing is disconnected. ??

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

When you use the rear wiper washer while driving, and when you get home you open the boot to see that the washer water has sprayed all over the boot through the side vent.

How? I have no idea! Is the water pump located in that area? Is the washer fluid line in that area somewhere?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear window washer water leak in cargo area 26844BA7-9F85-4EDF-B893-AC29908266DE
Did you have the glass recall performed?

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Yeah - I had the panoramic roof recall done about 3 weeks ago. It’s a logical deduction from there that maybe they didn’t re-connect the rear washer line as tightly as they should have. ☹

It’s going back in again to have the front windscreen replaced in a week or two (In the UK they split the recall works into two discrete pieces of work requiring two dealership visits)

Looks like the headliner is coming down for a second time ?

DrGT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD
Country flag
Same thing here.
I called the dealer and they say there is no link between this leak and the recall they recently did ?
They ask to bring the car for inspection, which I will do next week.

DrGT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD
Country flag

Judging by the amount of leaked fluid, looks like you held the wiper washer for a whille ?

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Judging by the amount of leaked fluid, looks like you held the wiper washer for a whille ?
Well I was pushing the lever for a while and nothing was coming out - little did I realise it was all coming out elsewhere ????

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag

I just found out this is happening in mine as well. I have also had both recalls done recently. Did you just call and tell then what's happening and then scheduled to bring it in? Do they have to have the glass company come in since it would need the roof removed to fix?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine started leaking a little this week. No recall work done yet. After using the rear wiper + wash, I'm getting some small dripage (20 drops maybe) through a seam in the plastic interior lining of the liftgate. It's dripping down onto the cargo cover.

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Mine started leaking a little this week. No recall work done yet. After using the rear wiper + wash, I'm getting some small dripage (20 drops maybe) through a seam in the plastic interior lining of the liftgate. It's dripping down onto the cargo cover.
This might be leak related rather than window washer - I have both (external leak and washer line leak)

Check out this TSB...

Attachments

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This might be leak related rather than window washer - I have both (external leak and washer line leak)

Check out this TSB...
Thanks. I don't think that's the issue with mine, as I've only noticed it right after using the rear wiper spray. It's consistent and repeatable now. Never noticed any drip from outside water/weather.

Mine is close to that build date, but just after (1/14/2021).

DrGT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD
Country flag
Mine was a misconnected tube after the recall. All is fine now ... except for a new parking brake problem. Ah, the joy of having a Job 1 car ...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good morning! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this window wiper concern for you on my end. Thanks!
Sponsored