Mb9182

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I have a reservation to order the F-150 lightning, but in the meantime grabbed an incoming space white Mach E, premium with standard battery.

A few quick comparisons:

-MME build quality and design is way better
-Tesla tech is definitely better
-Battery life and charging rate aren’t as good as Model Y, but range would obviously be better with extended battery.
-Model Y is FAST. MME is decent on sport mode but still not as fast. Again, extended battery would close the gap.

The design of the MME is really impressive in person. Space White is a gorgeous color. I’m pretty happy with this move.

6755B089-3D3C-4F05-BB6A-6F71DF7BC392.jpeg
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. We've all made similar comparisons and arrived at similar and varied conclusions.

My wife looked at the S and Y over the past few years. We test drove a MME and she loved it. I wasn't looking for a new car and I had to get one too.

You'll love it, just don't get too tangled up in the frills. Some work well, others don't for me and I really don't care. I carry a fob.

66fastback

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD
Country flag
I have a reservation to order the F-150 lightning, but in the meantime grabbed an incoming space white Mach E, premium with standard battery.

A few quick comparisons:

-MME build quality and design is way better
-Tesla tech is definitely better
-Battery life and charging rate aren’t as good as Model Y, but range would obviously be better with extended battery.
-Model Y is FAST. MME is decent on sport mode but still not as fast. Again, extended battery would close the gap.

The design of the MME is really impressive in person. Space White is a gorgeous color. I’m pretty happy with this move.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Went from Model Y to MME 6755B089-3D3C-4F05-BB6A-6F71DF7BC392
That’s the car I ordered! But mine hasn’t been built yet. Bummer.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Your review seems to be the consensus. The E build quality is better, and overall design is better. It has been proven that the Y is faster but in real world driving that doesn't matter. Sort of a speed apathy thing after you get to a certain point.

I don't like to point out the negatives but the E cannot charge as fast as the Y. But if you usually charge at home, you won't care about that either.

OP
OP

Mb9182

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. We've all made similar comparisons and arrived at similar and varied conclusions.

My wife looked at the S and Y over the past few years. We test drove a MME and she loved it. I wasn't looking for a new car and I had to get one too.

You'll love it, just don't get too tangled up in the frills. Some work well, others don't for me and I really don't care. I carry a fob.
So I should be anticipating issues with the PAAK? I hope not, so far it has been ok. Tesla had a bunch of issues with the phone key. I would constantly walk up to the car and then have to take my phone out and wake it up.

I did love the app for Tesla. The visual of the car and warming it up/turning on heated seats was awesome
Sponsored