Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
And the Y was delivered 6 months early too. They probably should’ve spent that extra time addressing stuff like this.

Would it be silly to speculate that the decision to bring it to market earlier was to try get the jump on the likes of the MME and others coming out this year?
Well to anyone but a Cult Member, it wouldn't be silly to ask such a question at all.

I mean, Legacies have been ragged on by Cultists for being in business so long and "still having those build-quality issues", all the while, every car Tesla has made has had the same issues from day 1, and while they do eventually fix the issues, the very people who rag on the Big Three for their build quality, back a company that is known for it right out of the shoot.

*However* that being said, everybody with parents has been warned about 1st-Run Cars as being not good to buy, as every company with humans running it can have some issues that need addressed with a new model.
And I expect the Mach-E to have issues too with the first ones, but those issues will be addressed and remedied.
But don't expect any slack from the Cultists.
Sponsored

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Well to anyone but a Cult Member, it wouldn't be silly to ask such a question at all.

I mean, Legacies have been ragged on by Cultists for being in business so long and "still having those build-quality issues", all the while, every car Tesla has made has had the same issues from day 1, and while they do eventually fix the issues, the very people who rag on the Big Three for their build quality, back a company that is known for it right out of the shoot.

*However* that being said, everybody with parents has been warned about 1st-Run Cars as being not good to buy, as every company with humans running it can have some issues that need addressed with a new model.
And I expect the Mach-E to have issues too with the first ones, but those issues will be addressed and remedied.
But don't expect any slack from the Cultists.
Legacies do have an extra line of defense in this .... the dealers. They have a vested interest in making sure things like this are caught before they make their way to customers. And while maybe not as many (as things corrected by dealers will never make it on to autoblogs and stuff), they do have to correct stuff direct from factory (Friend is a manager at a Ford dealer and we've discussed this before).

Tesla's in general are basically straight to consumer. They arrive at a delivery center, but those delivery centers don't have the incentive like a dealer to correct items unless the customer asks. They make the same either way. Dealers could be stuck with inventory they have to maintain if they don't.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Shhhhh.... they walk among us.
Bwhahaha.
Yes they do.
Deployed like those little flying monkeys to check in on every forum to make sure we're all staying in line. It reminds me a tad bit like the Soviets... someone's always listening ready to inform on those who step out of line.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
We all know legacy manufactures are far from perfect, but tesla is just following todays software mentality of get it out now patch it later :(. You would have thought they would have learned from the model-3 but it appears not, seems to me that there is more interest in getting cars out the door to keep the stock price high rather than fixing the route cause of the issues., having legions of fans that drunk all the cool aid and dismiss any problems that any legacy manufacture would rightly get called up on doesn't help either.

None of us know if the mach-e will go smoothly or if we end up with another explorer :(, but it is simply going to be production constrained due to batteries rather than the plant as 50000 units a year is nothing for what really is expected to be a mainstream model so I am hopefully the quality control will be kept in check.

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
Before i state this .. i'm fully aware of people having issues with Model 3/Y from a build quality standpoint.

That being said .. .They have a rep for that. So I think part of the complaints come from the fact that people go into buying a Tesla and use a fine tooth comb to go over their cars. A lot of the things that people mentioned, i would have never thought to look for and likely would have never noticed if they hadn't pointed things out. The two brand new ordered cars I've ever owned were my Tesla Model 3 and a 2006 Pontiac GTO. There were actually more defects on the GTO than there were on my Tesla. They had to repaint a whole door due to a scratch on the GTO.

Ford likely has a better overall quality, but i think people just have a heightened sense of fear with quality with Teslas due to the coverage of them. They probably are looking for things they would never ever notice on the legacy manufacturers.
Ford dealers pay people to catch their mistakes (then Ford fights them on fixing the problems, but that’s a whole other story).

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
Legacies do have an extra line of defense in this .... the dealers. They have a vested interest in making sure things like this are caught before they make their way to customers. And while maybe not as many (as things corrected by dealers will never make it on to autoblogs and stuff), they do have to correct stuff direct from factory (Friend is a manager at a Ford dealer and we've discussed this before).

Tesla's in general are basically straight to consumer. They arrive at a delivery center, but those delivery centers don't have the incentive like a dealer to correct items unless the customer asks. They make the same either way. Dealers could be stuck with inventory they have to maintain if they don't.
?? This. Dealers do so much that customers never find out about.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Kia? Wow! Good for them.
Kia and Hyundai (sister companies) have both been kicking ass, quality-wise, for years now. But people still remember the bad, early days.
Sponsored