What are these marks the previous owner left on my GTPE seats?

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
I bought a used Mach-E GTPE with 10k miles a couple of months ago and there are these sticky glue marks on the back of the seats. It's kind of a distinct pattern that's identical on both drivers and passenger seat. Definitely not just random gunk, but looks like something was attached there. See below for some pictures. I've always been wondering what these marks are from. Are they from some sort of seat protection maybe? Or are they not even from the previous owner, but rather that's how they come from the factory? Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not at all concerned about the marks. They easily rub off. More just curious. And I actually genuinely would be interested in seat covers for the GTPE - which as far as I know don't exist. The previous owner took perfect care of this car, I think my wife already left more marks the few times she took the car... But there's virtually no traces of usage from the previous owner - so I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of protection.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are these marks the previous owner left on my GTPE seats? IMG_3141

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are these marks the previous owner left on my GTPE seats? IMG_3142

Sherrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE 22' (EAP)
That's from the protection pastic that was on there from the factory, it's a residue. Had that after I took it off, cleaned it right up with some all purpose cleaner.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
There’s something on it from the factory. I almost didn’t buy my GTPE because it had the same stuff and more on the dash. It was late at night and hard to even tell it was glue. I told the dealer I wanted it added to the due bill to fix and they said no way. While waiting for the paperwork, I started peeling it with my nail and told the dealer to have their detail guy actually detail it. Came out perfect!

OP
OP

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
Ok, thanks, good to know!

I guess that just confirms that the previous owner left me the car without any traces of them using it haha. Even still has the factory glue residue on it lol.
Sponsored