What possible reason does a Ford Certified body shop need to drive my car 36 miles???

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Invest in a dash cam. Worth every penny.

This was the last time I took my Focus RS to this dealer. They tried to offer me a free oil change and some other BS as comp, I said nope I'm done. Informed them if my car suffers any kind of engine trouble in or out of warranty I'll be back with my lawyer. It'll be hard for them to argue after watching this tool rev the engine with no coolant after the engine put itself in protected safe mode.

Dude that was hard to watch. Car goes in cylinder deactivation due to overheating and HE KEEPS DRIVING IT!!! And all he cares about is “How do I look in it?” WTF! He even admitted it was running bad because it was overheating and he still didn’t care!

Total nightmare situation right there. What bunch of absolute tools. They should all be fired!
Sponsored

OP
OP
pandahugs

pandahugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Yay! Got my girl back and she looks good. I would have been surprised if it was a joy ride. This place seems to work on quite a few exotic cars and electrics. When my husband took me to pick my MME up, he looked past the Teslas and sports cars to the Lucids and Rivians that were there. It took them a while to come up with an answer, but this is what they told me…. Calibration guy couldn’t make it to the collision center, so it got driven over to get calibrated 12 miles each way with a 12-mile test drive after. Yes, I did invest in a dash cam (front and back Thinkware that Ford sells and paid Ford dealer to install) which showed the calibration guy driving it a lot more reasonably than I do. 35 miles round trip, no test drive after. I was afraid they’d found something else wrong with it. Interestingly though, all of my dash cam footage before the calibration guy picked it up is missing from the card… including my drive to the collision center. Initially, I thought new footage recorded over old footage because the card looks about full, but that’s not the case. All of the files on the card total 74GB on a 128GB card. I’m tempted to look into recovering the files that appear to still be on the card. Ah well, I’m just grateful to finally have my MME back. I was not enjoying driving ICE. Thanks all for the input. Thumbs up to RickMachE for calling it.

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
I'm glad you have your MME back. I was told, at the end of my bumper-off repair, that a qualified tech must drive the car on the road some minimum distance and then monitor/verify that all the sensors are properly calibrated and functioning. Standard procedure for modern cars with bumper sensors.
Sponsored