When are you resetting your Trip meters?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I used to reset Trip 1 on fill-up and Trip 2 on oil changes. That's different now. I'm thinking of doing Trip 1 arbitrarily if I go on long trips, and maybe Trip 2 for tire changes.

Just curious what others do.
Sponsored

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
never really used Trip 2 before and Trip 1 was always for each fillup but no can't see purpose for Trips now. Tires I just looked at the tread not on miles

OP
OP
zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
never really used Trip 2 before and Trip 1 was always for each fillup but no can't see purpose for Trips now. Tires I just looked at the tread not on miles
Oh sure, its more of a keeping track to see if I am meeting or exceeding the tread warranty or expected life.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I used to reset Trip 1 on fill-up and Trip 2 on oil changes. That's different now. I'm thinking of doing Trip 1 arbitrarily if I go on long trips, and maybe Trip 2 for tire changes.

right now I do Trip 1 per fillup on both my car and the gf's and Trip 2 on hers is "per long trip or fill up whichever makes sense" and on mine is "never reset so it's lifetime."

no idea what I'm going to do on the Mach-E yet. admit I didn't think about it until now.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
With the Focus Electric I would reset one of the trip meters at each charge (e.g. daily).

With the Mach-E...don't know.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Trip 1 was reset at Dealer before I left, so shows long term average. Trip 2 is reset at each major Fill Up (between 40 and 80 miles remaining). I will reset Trip 1 for trips that require at least 1 charge mid-trip.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I haven't reset mine yet. I use Trip 1 for out of town journeys.
Never used trip 2 but you have a great idea there. That would be handy for tire rotations. I think I will give that a try. ?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
On the Focus Electric I used to reset trip 1 on every full charge. At the moment only charging the Mach-E to 90% so not resetting it LOL.

I've reset trip 1 for specific trips but haven't come up with a real useage pattern for them yet.

I've found the "This Trip" meter quite useful, but sometimes it doesn't reset the distance. Like if we go to the store and the car is off for only 10-15 minutes while we're in the store. Upon starting again to leave the miles still reads what it did when we shut it off but the timer and the miles/kWh meter have reset.
Sponsored