Workaround for the Tone Setting Bug

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I think I’ve got a workaround for the bug where the sound settings for tone get reset when you turn off the car. I think it’s related to the profiles.

If you go into your settings and momentarily turn off profiles. Then set the tone to your desired settings. Then go back into the profiles and turn on your profile again. Set the tone to your desired setting (if it isn’t already set).

And voila. In my Mach-e, the tone is now set permanently.
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I think I’ve got a workaround for the bug where the sound settings for tone get reset when you turn off the car. I think it’s related to the profiles.

If you go into your settings and momentarily turn off profiles. Then set the tone to your desired settings. Then go back into the profiles and turn on your profile again. Set the tone to your desired setting (if it isn’t already set).

In essence it sounds like this would simply change the default tone settings to match your profile. Although the issue still exists, it would at least have the desired effect of loading the correct tone settings. Good idea, I'll give this a try and will report back.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag

Worked flawlessly, great find. That has been a major pain in the ass for quite a while. Thanks for the post ??

OP
OP
dml105

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Fantastic!!!

I tried it when I noticed that the bug showing up when i turned off profiles.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag

Thank you for this! Works perfectly!

Deleted member 4669

Thank you! This was driving me nuts but your directions Worked.

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Thank you (1) OP and (2) search function cause this was driving me batty!

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
This problem in affecting many settings. I found it best to use the numbered buttons on the driver's door to switch profiles quickly every time I enter the car...
Sponsored