Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
You are assuming that it can be done via OTA.

It's possible some firmware upgrades require a physical connection and Ford did not make all systems accessible to the OTA upgrade platform.
I am not assuming, I was HOPING it can be OTA.... but either way, neither Ford nor Dealers are proactively notifying any of us by when SSM are available that *could* be done on our specific vehicles.

Wouldn't it be lovely if there were an automatic spin thru OASIS monthly or even quarterly, and automatic OTA of applicable updates and/or actual emails notifying us if specific updates required a trip to the Dealership.

My dealership just responded to my inquiry, checked OASIS, and said they would do these updates on Monday if I bring my MME in.... for 2 hours. ;( so no OTA for the PAAK update which is in the 'RFA' module.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As some of you may be aware, I am one of the (un)lucky people to get a relatively early delivery of my MME, and have a relatively 'old' Samsung Galaxy J7 running Android 9, which has made PAAK problematic to say the least. It took weeks and multiple attempts clearing and re-installing *everything* to get to the point I could even complete the PAAK setup for the first time to be able to set up my BackupStartCode.... to use when PAAK failed.

I have been using PAAK with *partial* success since mid-march... and left my key fob at home for a spare once I had the console BackupStartCode set and working. The partially working percentage went from maybe 50% in March-April to 0% over the last week or two, so I started experimenting with various sequences of turning Bluetooth and/or FordPass app on and off, using FordPass app 'start' button, etc.

I am happy to say that I think I have a workaround for those of you having 'inconsistent' success with PAAK, and have not had your Dealership execute updates SSM 49730 and SSM 49874 which are supposed to help *some* issues with PAAK. Here's what is working best for me:

1. force stop FordPass app on your phone
- touch-hold FordPass app icon
- touch 'app info'
- touch 'force stop'

2. start FordPass app by touching app icon as you approach MME.... give it 10-30 seconds...
- you will likely see FordPass boot up, and 'connect'
- your driver door lock will light, puddle lights come on, etc
- little 'key' icon will show up in title bar at top of phone, and BINGO......!

set your phone in tray under console screen, and start MME, which will 'probably' see you phone as key if you followed the steps

ENJOY PAAK
...perhaps not as automatic as intended, but seems to work with older problematic Androids at least
I had a Samsung A8 running Android 9 and PAAK each time me or the dealer guy tried setting it up was simply making the app crash, restart and do all sorts of funny thing so basically I did cancel PAAK and we did open a case number with Ford Pass and they were suppose to call me back, that was on may 7th and it is now 3 months I own the car, yes I did call them back to find out they had the wrong phone number, which was corrected but no luck so far. Finally I decided to change my phone now I have a Samsung S20 FE and at least PAAK does not make the app crash, but still have difficulty making a constant connection. So I justb tried your workaround and seem to work and also check the BT connection that has another name then MME and it was off so I just tried also making sure that connection is now active, and I'll see and well this forum is more helpfull then Ford Pass people.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
I had a lot of intermittent issues at first but it's gotten a lot better over time.

One other thing that I did recently on my Android (Samsung S10+) that reeeeeally has helped was too make sure FordPass was not set to "Apps Not Optimized" in the "Optimize Battery Usage" menu under Apps -> Special Access. Since that is been 100% seamlessly working. Haven't really noticed much impact on battery either so win-win!

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I had a lot of intermittent issues at first but it's gotten a lot better over time.

One other thing that I did recently on my Android (Samsung S10+) that reeeeeally has helped was too make sure FordPass was not set to "Apps Not Optimized" in the "Optimize Battery Usage" menu under Apps -> Special Access. Since that is been 100% seamlessly working. Haven't really noticed much impact on battery either so win-win!
hhhmmmm, I'll try this in addition to 'force stop' app when I walk away, and re-starting app as I approach.

I checked Settings-Apps-FordPass-Battery, and made sure
'allow background activity = on
Optimize battery usage = not optimized
Sponsored