Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D, Tesla Model 3LR, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Software OTA Electrified Vehicles - Ford
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E WSDOT Good To Go! pass placement Mach-E windshield

Ford's Mach-E Chief Engineer, Ron Heiser posted windshield design for optimal pass placement. The identified rectangular sections should yield the best performance.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thanks - coming from Ford - they must have tried it out

Mike_1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Unfortunately it's more confusing than that in Washington. There's good posts here on the forum about installing toll & parking passes in that location that's designed for it. All the ones I've seen though are cute little stickers; the Washington Good To Go flex pass is a big ugly box that seems to be designed to thwart the MME.

The picture above is also in the MME manual, showing where to locate:

Ford Mustang Mach-E WSDOT Good To Go! pass placement 1669571530102

And then the Washington instructions seem to be a perfect complement (in a bad way):

Ford Mustang Mach-E WSDOT Good To Go! pass placement 1669571787261

In the text it doesn't say it has to be below/behind the mirror, but it does say it has to be 2 inches below the top of the windshield. By the time you put it there, the 1.5 inch toll box is only partially in the shaded area designed by Ford.

And in any case, the instructions also say to not put it in any tinted area, presumably such as the shaded area designed by Ford. (The pass has a typical transponder, it also has a red box you can open/close that the toll system has to visually see, indicating if your car is HOV and doesn't have to pay the toll.)

So I'm hoping there's some WA MME-ers here that have figured this out. The only way I know of to test it is to install it somewhere, drive it on the two different kinds of toll roads here, and then check my bill. (If the toll system doesn't see the transponder it reads your license plate and tacks on a surcharge.)

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I put mine on the passenger side at the top of the glass. This keeps it completely invisible to the driver and usually out of sight from the passenger (depending on their seating position).

Zero issues getting billed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E WSDOT Good To Go! pass placement 8AA0CD62-E436-4170-8D94-CC95A0099AE0

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Unfortunately it's more confusing than that in Washington. There's good posts here on the forum about installing toll & parking passes in that location that's designed for it. All the ones I've seen though are cute little stickers; the Washington Good To Go flex pass is a big ugly box that seems to be designed to thwart the MME.

The picture above is also in the MME manual, showing where to locate:

Ford Mustang Mach-E WSDOT Good To Go! pass placement 8AA0CD62-E436-4170-8D94-CC95A0099AE0

And then the Washington instructions seem to be a perfect complement (in a bad way):

In the text it doesn't say it has to be below/behind the mirror, but it does say it has to be 2 inches below the top of the windshield. By the time you put it there, the 1.5 inch toll box is only partially in the shaded area designed by Ford.

And in any case, the instructions also say to not put it in any tinted area, presumably such as the shaded area designed by Ford. (The pass has a typical transponder, it also has a red box you can open/close that the toll system has to visually see, indicating if your car is HOV and doesn't have to pay the toll.)

So I'm hoping there's some WA MME-ers here that have figured this out. The only way I know of to test it is to install it somewhere, drive it on the two different kinds of toll roads here, and then check my bill. (If the toll system doesn't see the transponder it reads your license plate and tacks on a surcharge.)
If the pass is a box, then it is a transponder than needs to be mounted on the dotted area as Ford describes. If it is an optical sticker, you need to place it outside the dots. Try following the Ford instructions and see if it works.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If the pass is a box, then it is a transponder than needs to be mounted on the dotted area as Ford describes. If it is an optical sticker, you need to place it outside the dots. Try following the Ford instructions and see if it works.
coincidentally but unrelated, I’m hanging out right now with a NOAA scientist you know talking about coral.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
coincidentally but unrelated, I’m hanging out right now with a NOAA scientist you know talking about coral.
Cool! Who are you with?
Please say hi for me.

Last edited:

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
II took my pass out of the plastic holder and placed it in the depression behind the top of the center display. It seems to work ok with tolling on 520, 405 and 167. Had a few times I had to pay .25 extra for a license plate toll, but out of sight. Only drawback is I have to fish it off the floor occasionally after WOT to clean out the carbon build-up in HVBJB.
Ford Mustang Mach-E WSDOT Good To Go! pass placement 20221128_095734

Rachid

First Name
Rachid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Vapor Blue Metallic
Country flag
So, what's the consensus here for those of you with the Good to Go Flex pass? I'm getting ready to install mine, but I'm a bit hesitant if the HOV portion has issues in the shaded area of the windshield.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So, what's the consensus here for those of you with the Good to Go Flex pass? I'm getting ready to install mine, but I'm a bit hesitant if the HOV portion has issues in the shaded area of the windshield.
Put it in the shaded areas and it will work fine. That's what they are for.

imagen2.jpg
Sponsored