Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, unrelated here, but both are captured in the same picture:
First, look at the SiriusXM display😀😀😀
Next, can someone explain why Ford now believes it’s necessary to have TWO CarPlay buttons (the new one at the top and the one in the now-useless tiles)?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2 Stupid Things About SiriusXM and Sync 4A 70294674975__3E2E0793-BC33-44FA-A9DA-96E24CBE9AB9
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The CarPlay tile at the bottom isn't actually CarPlay. It's the phone tile, but it's telling you that CarPlay is connected (which is why it's not showing you the normal phone info). Drag that tile down to remove it and you'll be back to just the single CarPlay button at the top.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The CarPlay tile at the bottom isn't actually CarPlay. It's the phone tile, but it's telling you that CarPlay is connected (which is why it's not showing you the normal phone info). Drag that tile down to remove it and you'll be back to just the single CarPlay button at the top.
Yep, I did this too. The tile doesn’t pop back up. Well, at least it hasn’t for a few weeks. 😊🐩

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Thanks for the screen shot. I didn't realize NPR was available on Sxm. I'll have to add it to my choices.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My radio presets get scrambled almost every other time I drive, but the last tuned station remains on, but not displayed on the presets. This bug has been more frequent with the last few OTAs.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why is it displaying that button to begin with - it’s stupid and redundant. When they did the update to put in the icon at the top, they should have eliminated the tile entirely.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What? No comments about The Romantics versus avian Halen? By the way, it was The Romantics playing, not Van Halen. Otherwise I wouldn’t have been on that station 😀

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Why is it displaying that button to begin with - it’s stupid and redundant. When they did the update to put in the icon at the top, they should have eliminated the tile entirely.
Because the phone tile isn't at the top. My guess is that your phone connected via Bluetooth first, which brought up the phone tile. Then it switched to CarPlay, which brought up the icon at the top. Should it be smart enough to close the phone tile when that happens? Sure. Yet, here we are.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Because the phone tile isn't at the top. My guess is that your phone connected via Bluetooth first, which brought up the phone tile. Then it switched to CarPlay, which brought up the icon at the top. Should it be smart enough to close the phone tile when that happens? Sure. Yet, here we are.
That sounds reasonable. A poor design, but reasonable. Now, about the REAL complaint - The Romantics & Van Halen 😀😀😀
Sponsored