Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what the codebase is written in for Sync4A? I think its still written on that blackberry OS that Sync3 is put onto. I have debated for a good while to get a devops job at Ford just to see what their connected car department is like and how much help they need.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what the codebase is written in for Sync4A? I think its still written on that blackberry OS that Sync3 is put onto. I have debated for a good while to get a devops job at Ford just to see what their connected car department is like and how much help they need.
Not confirmed officially, but we think it is Blackberry QNX with a React/HTML5 front end.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Do it! I think I read a post that they're really looking for OTA people, which makes sense lol.

OP
OP
hbirring01

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not confirmed officially, but we think it is Blackberry QNX with a React/HTML5 front end.
Do it! I think I read a post that they're really looking for OTA people, which makes sense lol.
I would but they cant match my salary expectations. Im not saying I have unreasonable expectations, but I work in big tech and salaries are generally higher :(

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I’m really interested to know what our future looks like given Fords planned switch to Android Automotive

https://9to5google.com/2021/02/01/google-ford-android-automotive/
Of more interest probably to most existing mach-e owners will be if the current hardware will be able to run the newer android setup when it debuts, or if it will require a newer apu setup with no possibility of retro fitting leading to yet another orphaned system.

As much as I am no fan of googles all seeing eye of sauron, and hope ford implement adequate user data protection I am still interested to see how better the android set up runs as so far when it comes to ford and sync each iteration for me is the number the marks I give out of 10 rating :(.

With sync 4 at least each screen interacts fast enough but going between them is very slow and clunky at the best of times I have have instances where it can take seconds for things to appear or buttons requiring multiple pushes for the menu to swap :( As cars continue there progression to being software on wheels, ford really needs to up its game on this front.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Modest, eh? ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Search on this topic.... It was discussed in many many posts at the time of the Google partnership announcement.
I know there’s been lots of discussion, but it’s all just speculation, isn’t it? Unless I missed something concrete from Ford