Sync 4A and Amazon

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
All the OTA features that were announced have been delayed. It's not available yet.
You‘d think Ford would just stop mentioning timeframes for OTA features at this point since they met 0% of their published estimates in 2021. The latest was the frunk button update that was coming in late December.
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Yes, this was just another PR win for Ford. Announce a feature for the Mach-E and then act like you never said it. Seems to get them a lot of positive press without having to do anything. Alexa was a May 2021 press release. Ford might want to see if Elon has patented saying their cars will get features and never delivering.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
if I get my car back tomorrow or Tuesday I will show how to get Alexa set up on the Mach-e.
Thanks, tried but could not figure it out. Is it just accessing the phone app. via Android Auto/Apple Carplay or is it a Sync version of Alexa?

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks, tried but could not figure it out. Is it just accessing the phone app. via Android Auto/Apple Carplay or is it a Sync version of Alexa?
I'm guessing its a full Sync app

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
This was a great find of a site. It has some good fine print too:

"Available first half of 2022. Access to Alexa requires an Amazon account, SYNC® 4, FordPass Connect, and complimentary Connected Service activated through the FordPass App (see FordPass Terms for details). Eligible 2021 and 2022 vehicles will receive three years of access to Alexa Built-in (excludes streaming media services) from date Ford Power-Up is complete, after which fees may apply."

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
This was a great find of a site. It has some good fine print too:

"Available first half of 2022. Access to Alexa requires an Amazon account, SYNC® 4, FordPass Connect, and complimentary Connected Service activated through the FordPass App (see FordPass Terms for details). Eligible 2021 and 2022 vehicles will receive three years of access to Alexa Built-in (excludes streaming media services) from date Ford Power-Up is complete, after which fees may apply."
I mean sure however I have NO third party apps in my Sync. I haven't seen Pandora, Waze etc in my Sync menu at all. I checked the app catalog, and I get "no apps available in my region". So (sarcastic - assuming i can't read) "good" fine print aside, I assumed this was built in already and along with the missing apps, this was also missing. (image from Ford).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A and Amazon Capture.JPG

Last edited:

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I mean sure however I have NO third party apps in my Sync. I haven't seen Pandora, Waze etc in my Sync menu at all. I checked the app catalog, and I get "no apps available in my region". So (sarcastic - assuming i can't read) "good" fine print aside, I assumed this was built in already and along with the missing apps, this was also missing. (image from Ford).
Not sarcastic at all. I was really happy you found that site. It's the first mention of Alexa being a real thing for months. That fine print told me more then anything else from Ford has.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
if I recall you go in to the setting in Sync4 to Fordpass section and you active it plug your phone in to the USB port and then it shows up in the profile section. When I get my car back from service I will verify those steps. But it does work I used it in my driveway to shut Christmas lights on and off. I also asked Alexa to play a song and it did. You simply go to profiles and push the Alexa button and speak.
Sponsored