Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Short and sweet,
2022 Grabber Blue MME GTP with Blue Cruise and glass roof.
I ordered the car Sept 2021 and received it June 2022.

Pros:
First off, Fairway Ford in Greenville SC did not mark anything up on me. They sold me the car for what my original order said, even though the updated sticker was 3K higher. I was truly expecting to pay at least $5K higher and they stayed true to what they told me from the start. They said their name and reputation meant more to them then marking something up for a sale in the short term so they definitely earned my business. Plus, the same guys have been there for years, some decades, so that says something too. It was very quick and I spent less than 2 hours there from the time my wife dropped me off to the time I drove away. I probably would have been out sooner but we were talking shop quite a bit.

Love the car.
As everyone here knows, the GTP is rated for 260 miles. Well, Mileage is extremely relative to how I drive and I am pleasantly surprised. When racing around or on the highway +/- 80MPH I will get 200-220 miles on full charge.

When driving like a "normal" person probably should, I get between 350-370 miles per charge. I have measured these different ways and it always comes up the same so I know the numbers I am getting are accurate. I am driving in 90+ degree heat and gradual slopes and hills in Upstate South Carolina.

Charging has gone relatively well so far. I did have to wait for about 20 min at a supercharger for a spot to open in Charleston SC where one of the four were down and it was rush hour but I didn't care. I had time to meet and talk to several others that were also charging, one with a Select and one with a VW ID4, both were happy with their vehicles like I was. I can see how it would be frustrating if you were in a hurry though. SC doesn't have as many superchargers as other states is what I am told but I have found that this may be true but there are many that aren't well published.

The Grabber Blue gets A LOT of attention, the color alone from people that have no idea about the car and they love it as well as people who know what the GTP is. People pull up, talk to you, take pictures.

Corvettes, Chargers, and Challengers don't want anything to do with me. My guess is either knowing what it is and being intimidated or thinking that it's an SUV with a cool paint job. I like to think they are intimidated!

I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra and it does not work nearly as well as my wife's 4 year old IPhone on any of our SYNCs 2, 3, and now 4 in the ME. We have several Fords and Lincolns. What can I say, we love the brands. I also have an all original '59 Lincoln Continental to give you an idea. I went ahead and got the new Iphone 13 Max and it works phenomenally with the SYNC 4 as well as for other things. I have gone back and forth through the years so for the time being, Apple beats Android right now.

SYNC is wireless and the wireless charger is actually accessible and charges fast!!! My 2020 Ford F250 Lariat has wireless charging but it's nearly impossible to get the phone to it, plus it's slow.

The glass roof is great! I was afraid that it was going to be hot in the South and I am happy to say this IS NOT the case. However, DO NOT TOUCH the actual glass. It is screaming hot but it doesn't allow all of that heat to come through. I had contemplated tinting it as I have done to some of my sunroofs in the past but there's no need to.
The frunk and that all I need to say about that.

Cons:
The electronics take some getting used to, but I have found things to be well done. It's just not what I am used to, being able to jump into a new car and go full throttle right from the start.

The glass roof doesn't open. I cannot tell you the last time I had a vehicle that didn't have some sort of roof that opened other than my '59 Continental. It's a real tease.
The BO sound system is a 6/10 as far as I am concerned. It sounds nice but doesn't get that loud and can get distorted when you turn it up. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, I love a lot of different genres of music and have always had decent sounds systems in every ride and I really expected a lot more for the type of car. I will be upgrading and I do not always do that.

The external buttons are a bit touchy and at times do not do anything. I find that the electronics overall sometimes have a hard time getting up and going however after a min or so, everything seems to work very well.

The road noise is much louder than I expected. It may be because of the tires so we will see when I switch those out when the time comes.

With the above said, the doors seem to close very loose, like a 10 year old car where they have that rattle like they've been slammed too many times. It may be because of the electronic opening system so it seems loose on purpose, but when closed, they are closed well. I expected a more quite and secure closure of the doors.

The Fordpass needs some work but I am sure things will get ironed out as time goes on.
The Blue Cruise is straight up NOT WORTH IT. It is constantly telling me to grab the wheel, it cruises side to side as if trolling in a boat, and everyone, including myself has gotten a bit nauseated from it, and I was raised on the water and do not get sea sick.

You cannot turn the Blue Cruise on and off at will. It is all precalculated when it will do it or not and that sucks. I just expected much more out of this but it is what it is.

The adaptive cruise is nice and itself works great, but each time the speed limit changes it resets my cruise to 1 MPH over the limit which is infuriating to say the least.

There's no cooled seats and all of my other "modern" vehicles have this. In the South in 90-100 degree heat, it's a great option to have.

Well, that's about it that I can remember right now. If anyone has any insight to any of my frustrations, please feel free to post. I realize some may be user error and getting used to the car.
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
The BC should be better. Mine is. I wonder if there is an update coming. Also some roads are not certified for BC.

MrsZuko

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White MME GTPE
Occupation
NP
Country flag
Appreciate your initial feedback, I haven't taken delivery on my GTPE yet, in the shipping process now. I really grappled with the BlueCruise option, I opted out because I did not want the glass roof. Hate that Ford tied that option to the 360 camera because I probably would have added that. In retrospect, I probably should have gone with the glass, but I was concerned about replacement issues or possible heat, plus I've never enjoyed having a sunroof.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I agree with you on nixing the sun roof. I've had them before and they quickly lost their novelty. I don't want to pay for replacing one if it breaks and, here in the desert southwestern US, the sun is just too intense and I'm always trying get out of it!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
@AdamSNP, you can turn off "intelligent adaptive cruise control" speed sign recognition. I did that soon after getting my car - after I was cruising along at 70 mph and the car saw a 45 mph sign on an adjacent exit!

Enjoy your car! Also, do you typically drive 1000 miles per week???
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2 Weeks and 2000 miles in Mach-E GT Performance Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 8.07.07 PM

OP
OP
AdamSNP

AdamSNP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Appreciate your initial feedback, I haven't taken delivery on my GTPE yet, in the shipping process now. I really grappled with the BlueCruise option, I opted out because I did not want the glass roof. Hate that Ford tied that option to the 360 camera because I probably would have added that. In retrospect, I probably should have gone with the glass, but I was concerned about replacement issues or possible heat, plus I've never enjoyed having a sunroof.
Do not worry, you aren't missing anything with the glass roof or BC.

OP
OP
AdamSNP

AdamSNP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
@AdamSNP, you can turn off "intelligent adaptive cruise control" speed sign recognition. I did that soon after getting my car - after I was cruising along at 70 mph and the car saw a 45 mph sign on an adjacent exit!

Enjoy your car! Also, do you typically drive 1000 miles per week???
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2 Weeks and 2000 miles in Mach-E GT Performance Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 8.07.07 PM
This is awesome! Thank you for replying. Like I said, things may be user error on my end.
I do drive anywhere from 500-1000 miles per week. I own a business that takes me all over the state of South Carolina. So far, the ME has been great!

OP
OP
AdamSNP

AdamSNP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I agree with you on nixing the sun roof. I've had them before and they quickly lost their novelty. I don't want to pay for replacing one if it breaks and, here in the desert southwestern US, the sun is just too intense and I'm always trying get out of it!
I am really waiting for Lincoln to come out with a slick electric convertible to take them over the top, but I realize this may be a pipedream.

MrsZuko

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White MME GTPE
Occupation
NP
Country flag
Do not worry, you aren't missing anything with the glass roof or BC.
Good to know, I really am not interested in BC anyway quite frankly, I bought the GTPE to drive it. :) I'm not even really a heavy cruise control user (although I'll probably use it more now just to help with range).
Sponsored