Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Here is my energy usage report, OH WAIT, I don't have my MME yet..

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Efficiency Report for my Mach-E Standard AWD 1641505105403
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I signed up for Tronity when ABRP released the OBDII connection, because I noticed ABRP will connect to OBDII or Tronity to provide accurate vehicle consumption estimates. Anyway, there are limits to what Tronity can do, because Tronity basically connects to the Ford web site and downloads vehicle data after it is uploaded there.

After a couple weeks of use I was disappointed in the data Tronity tracks, because it uses the odometer reading to determine distance traveled. The MME odometer resolution is miles, not tenths of miles, so that means a 1.5 mile drive may be recorded as 1 mile, or 2 miles, depending on when the odometer flips. That obviously has a big impact on specific trip efficiency.

But as I thought about it, I realized that over time, Tronity will provide very accurate distance measurements. Some distances will be too low, resulting in lower than actual efficiency reports, and some will be too high, resulting in higher than actual efficiency reports. But they will average out over hundreds, thousands of miles to be very accurate.

Tronity also calculates battery usage (kWh) by using the displayed battery level. If you have played around with your OBDII reader, you know displayed battery level is not actual battery level. But I compared a few trips and while that is an area for errors, battery used per the display is pretty close to actual battery used per the OBDII reader for a specific trip. So I think it will provide pretty accurate measurements especially when summarizing multiple trips.

If you want to sign up for Tronity, use this link and I will get some free weeks. Referral link: https://app.tronity.io/signup/OoGngpXHE

I am a paid subscriber now that I think it provides the most accurate results when compared to the Trip estimates in the car, and the weird trip reports in EV Driving History (FordPass). And it is easy once connected. It just grabs your data and displays it for you. You can export it also, if you want different graphs from what Tronity provides.

So for a couple weeks in December, this is what Tronity reports for my driving efficiency:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Efficiency Report for my Mach-E Standard AWD 1641594161339

365 Wh/mi is 2.74 mi/kWh. Pretty darn good considering the temperature, and how many times I floored it.

GrantK

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD
Country flag
So 3.08 miles/KW is an interesting number as it puts your car at 209.44 mile range with the standard battery which has an EPA number of 211. I also have a Select AWD and have thought that the Mach E miles/KW numbers seemed a little high as my car reports 3.9 miles/KW for 6000 miles and my own calculations have always come up a little lower.

The times I have made longer kayaking trips this summer I had a 19' kayak strapped on the roof on the highway at 70 with the AC going and generally found my miles/KW to be 3.0, my around town numbers were more like 3.4.
I have found that the “efficiency” number and the “driving” usage correlate.

If I work out miles driven and KWh used then I get about 3, however my car reports 3.5 over something like 13K miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Efficiency Report for my Mach-E Standard AWD DB79E370-145D-42F5-B79D-001E62F89918
Sponsored