Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With the proper equipment, there shouldn't be any more risk putting a Mach-E on the lift than any other typical vehicle.
Or put another way, Mach-E's are put on lifts all over the world every day. If they were slipping/falling, it wouldn't be something that could be kept quiet.

Human error or faulty equipment. And really lousy misfortune for the owner.
They are put on lifts all over the world every day because the huge amount of design flaws and issues this car has, which yield so many recalls…

If this thing was properly built, then situations like that wouldn’t have happened in the first place.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
OK.

But seriously, even every Toyota service bay has a Toyota on the lift.

And even having said that, I'm guessing there is a sizeable percentage of forum members here that have never had their Mach-E on a lift beyond rotating their tires.

Note I am not saying that the Mach-E doesn't have design flaws, as you put it. Easy to concede since there has never been and never will be a vehicle that doesn't. But from what I can tell the Mach-E is far from the top of such a list, especially considering what it is.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
OK.

But seriously, even every Toyota service bay has a Toyota on the lift.

And even having said that, I'm guessing there is a sizeable percentage of forum members here that have never had their Mach-E on a lift beyond rotating their tires.

Note I am not saying that the Mach-E doesn't have design flaws, as you put it. Easy to concede since there has never been and never will be a vehicle that doesn't. But from what I can tell the Mach-E is far from the top of such a list, especially considering what it is.
One or two events, that's fine. But the MME has been through so many recalls and issues so far that is hard to get past that.

HVBJB failed due to lack of thermal sensors and sufficient cooling and will continue to fail due to the lack of those. Battery cooling is overly complicated and insufficient, that's why you have jail bars and full throttle limitations (which got corrected in the 2024 refresh, but should have been corrected way sooner).

Personally, I also had the SOBDM replaced due to issues in L2 charging which I attribute to just bad luck overall.

MME is going to it's 4th year of existence and the number of recalls and issues doesn't stabilize. Anyone still with the 1 mph or km/h issues?

I like my car, but all those things make feel that I was a guinea pig with a half backed product put into market way too soon.

And don't even let me starting ranting about Ford's inability to fix software issues without introducing new ones and just taking forever to deliver OTA updates....

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Dear valued customer, we would like to apologize for totaling your Mustang Mach E, which was in for a recall caused by us choosing the lowest bid supplier for the high voltage junction box in order to save $0.25 per unit.

As a token of our sympathy, please enjoy this new charging pad mat, which looks just like your old charging pad mat that you can't use because the dealer destroyed your car. Also enclosed is a check for $8,000, the adjusted market value of your vehicle. Thanks for choosing Ford!

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
The battery tray and frame is what I’d be worried about? If later you have a battery warranty issue, they could decline you because of damage.

OP
OP

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Dear valued customer, we would like to apologize for totaling your Mustang Mach E, which was in for a recall caused by us choosing the lowest bid supplier for the high voltage junction box in order to save $0.25 per unit.

As a token of our sympathy, please enjoy this new charging pad mat, which looks just like your old charging pad mat that you can't use because the dealer destroyed your car. Also enclosed is a check for $8,000, the adjusted market value of your vehicle. Thanks for choosing Ford!
The first adopter woes.

OP
OP

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The battery tray and frame is what I’d be worried about? If later you have a battery warranty issue, they could decline you because of damage.
I've been asking about the battery tray , they haven't put it back up on a lift yet to check it. The insurance adjuster is going to look at the car on Tuesday. The lift it fell from is also broken on both sides.

OP
OP

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Update: 1.repair cost, $12,500, no doubt excluding hidden damage.
2.Recall work not done, technician is afraid of the Ford lift setup. I don't blame him, the lifting blocks weren't designed slow they weren't designed fast they were designed half fast!
3. Dealership wanted to give me a low value on a trade in and sell me a new car or take a used car of lower value.
4. Ford said: Not our problem!
5. I said, finnish the recall work and repair my car!

OP
OP

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The Ford dealership sent my car to a body shop of their choice,
so I made a visit to see what the plan was for my car. They pointed out the trailer hitch was twisted from the car landing on it from 4 to 5 feet in the air, but they could straighten it. I asked do you have a Cilette bench? No, but we have two laser frame machines.
Next day the dealership insurance company called me and said, "The body shop declined to work on my car because it's electric!" The insurance agent for the dealership said with 12,500 estimate he is 9,000 away from totalling my car!
I visited the dealership today to see what kind of options I have to get into a new car, 22,000 for my car minus the 12,500 repair cost. Scumbags one and all!
I'm putting it through my own insurance tomorrow! My insurance agent said I will have to pay my deductible, but I will be reimbursed and they will get my car fixed to my satisfaction and make the dealership pay the bill. Now I'll have a car with a Carfax that will make it virtually worthless and after this kind of damage it will have a future of problems.

THANKS FORD ENGINEERS FOR THE RECALL AND CREATING SUCH LAME LIFTING BLOCKS!!!
Sponsored