Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Took my 2021 AWD ER to my dealer recently for software updates and the Service Advisor said: “By the way, we have the parts in for the HVBJB recall. Would you like us to do it while your car is here?” Got lucky, I guess, as this was not something that I was actively pursuing. It maybe that more parts are becoming available now. . .
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Took my 2021 AWD ER to my dealer recently for software updates and the Service Advisor said: “By the way, we have the parts in for the HVBJB recall. Would you like us to do it while your car is here?” Got lucky, I guess, as this was not something that I was actively pursuing. It maybe that more parts are becoming available now. . .
Were you showing the active recall in your recall list (Ford Pass or website)?

Tazz

First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 21J2 RWD Extended Range MME and am due to have my HVBJB replaced but so far all I have gotten from Ford, other than a notice in November last year, is complete radio silence. A dealer I spoke with claims that the new part is not available. Really? What gives @Ford? Has anyone with the same type of car as mine been able to get the repair done? TIA to anyone able to shed light on the mystery of the unavailable part 6 months into the recall campaign.
I made an appointment and dropped.my car off last week. Still haven't heard anything from the dealer. When I call they put me on hold and do not return. They gave me an f150 for a loaner and I do not like fueling it

WikiMart

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Mine was replaced 2 weeks ago as part of the recall. It was at the dealership for 2 days. So far so good.

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Were you showing the active recall in your recall list (Ford Pass or website)?
I believe it was on the recall list but not 100% sure. . .

MCarl33

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Premium Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 21J2 RWD Extended Range MME and am due to have my HVBJB replaced but so far all I have gotten from Ford, other than a notice in November last year, is complete radio silence. A dealer I spoke with claims that the new part is not available. Really? What gives @Ford? Has anyone with the same type of car as mine been able to get the repair done? TIA to anyone able to shed light on the mystery of the unavailable part 6 months into the recall campaign.
Just had mine replaced 2 weeks ago. Dealer had no trouble getting part. Took them about a day and half for dealer to do the replacement. Got a video from the technician showing my battery removed and what car looks like underneath with battery removed.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I had my Premium MME in for standard 40k mi maintenance 2 weeks ago and they said absolutely nothing about the recall....and I didn't bring it up either. But my recall notice still says remedy not available. I'm going to wait as long as possible to do it so that the new part has most of its life after my warranty runs out.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Today is the day, my car goes under the knife for the HVBJB recall work. How long does this normally take? Also, are people getting their "thank you gift" at pickup, or later, or never?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Today is the day, my car goes under the knife for the HVBJB recall work. How long does this normally take? Also, are people getting their "thank you gift" at pickup, or later, or never?
I received my 30,000 points before I had my work done. I am not sure that anyone has received any of the other gifts yet. I know I have not. (And for myself I could care less whether I ever do.) The work takes about 8 hours so I would expect a two day visit if they have the parts.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Mine took two days. Got the points maybe 2 weeks later. No charging pad yet, going on a month. Also no communication on the pad, so not expecting it.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
(y)

My guess on two scenarios: a) someone planned to get it done but went elsewhere or something or b) it's good dealer who knows it's past MME customers and may have been proactive at keeping a part or 2 on hand for when they come in. Less work for the customer... I would have liked that from my local dealer.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I received my 30,000 points before I had my work done. I am not sure that anyone has received any of the other gifts yet. I know I have not. (And for myself I could care less whether I ever do.) The work takes about 8 hours so I would expect a two day visit if they have the parts.
I got a rock.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm almost a month and a half waiting for the part and still nothing.

Yesterday I yelled at the dealership about this whole mess and how they initially mentioned they had the part in for replacement, then latter said they needed additional parts ( probably bolts ) but in their system there is only one parts order open and it is for the HVBJB.

Now they are saying that they needed to have the car with them first so they were able to open a service order and then request the part from Ford.

The Service Manager told me that they don't have visibility about the part order status and that the only thing they can do is to send an e-mail and hopefully wait for an update within 21 days.

This whole thing sounds like BS to me and makes me want to get this car back just to resale it and replace with something better and more reliable.
Sponsored