Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Actually, you can do worse than a 19. 19 is the lowest priority that Ford might schedule, but you can also get assigned priority code 99 - which means hold this order - do not schedule it.
I was 19 and got a build order this week. It’s unclear how much it really matters for 10-19 with retail orders.
Sponsored

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I was 19 and got a build order this week. It’s unclear how much it really matters for 10-19 with retail orders.

Just the opposite for me. My dealer left me at 19 and nothing happened. When the 21 orders were a day or 2 from being closed out I checked on my status - still 19. Then they changed it a few days later to a 99. When I asked them about it they said it would be changed eventually. It stayed at 99 for over a week, and then - back to 19, and no scheduled build date although a number of cars started showing up in the tracker that were ordered well after mine but had gotten build dates.

The dealer assured me that the priority code had nothing to do with it, but eventually, they agreed to change my priority code and changed it to 10. About a week later my car was given a manufacturing date.

It may be a coincidence, but it appears that the change to a 10 got it done for me.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Just the opposite for me. My dealer left me at 19 and nothing happened. When the 21 orders were a day or 2 from being closed out I checked on my status - still 19. Then they changed it a few days later to a 99. When I asked them about it they said it would be changed eventually. It stayed at 99 for over a week, and then - back to 19, and no scheduled build date although a number of cars started showing up in the tracker that were ordered well after mine but had gotten build dates.

The dealer assured me that the priority code had nothing to do with it, but eventually, they agreed to change my priority code and changed it to 10. About a week later my car was given a manufacturing date.

It may be a coincidence, but it appears that the change to a 10 got it done for me.
Mine went 19 - 99 - 19 as well. And the switching back to 19 only happened after I bugged them. The one thing that’s certain…order date means nothing.

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
I ordered Nov 9 (ext AWD Premium) and was scheduled for Jan 31. Priority code was 10 for whatever that is worth.

Aphillips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium eAWD ER
Country flag
Can you see priority code/ production date somewhere or do you have to ask the dealer?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I talked with my dealer rep today about the meaning to the customer of the priority code and what influence on it the dealer had. I got a sincere and upbeat explanation that exempted the dealer from any scheduling responsibility. Paying deposit and placing order was all I could do, aside from waiting patiently for Ford to schedule the build. That is all he said he could do. The first part of the 2022 MME production run is going to go to filling 2021 orders in an unknown amount. After that, Ford''s allocation "black box" kicks in... how many MME units go to Europe, how many go to US, how many of US MME units go first to 10 or 11 ZEV States, how many go to the "top" dealers, and on and on while my priority stays at 19 and I wait for Ford to deliver my new car, sooner than 6.5 months from order date. It does seem like there are other factors at play and HOPE is the only thing I have for a sooner delivery date.