3/20/2023 Build Week

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Lucky duck! Gorgeous car! I know director over there pretty well, but I'll call your wife if they give me any grief! :)

Congrats! I am planning to powder coat my wheels, also. Did you price shop that at all? I think the people who did hubby's motorcycle wheels charged something like $250 for both of them. Any thoughts on ceramic coating or other paint preservation? I ordered Star White, so I am not worried about fading, but am worried about the sun and rock chips. I will also have them tint it. And have a fit if they install a front plate bracket! I assume Las Vegas dealers know better than that on an order.
What is “powder coating” and why would someone do it?
Sponsored

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
What is “powder coating” and why would someone do it?
Kind of like painting, but much more durable - enough to withstand the elements, rocks, etc. I do believe it would still scrape off if you get road rash from a curb though. It's how @Awsum_Al got the all black rims! (which is also my plan)

EV Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustang ME CA-R1
Country flag
Kind of like painting, but much more durable - enough to withstand the elements, rocks, etc. I do believe it would still scrape off if you get road rash from a curb though. It's how @Awsum_Al got the all black rims! (which is also my plan)
I thought Awsum Al’s black rims were because he got a Cali Route 1?

EV Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I FINALLY got the call from my dealership. I’m in CA for work, so I plan to drive home on Friday to pick up the car on Saturday.
This has felt like the longest wait. You guys get it.

EV Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I FINALLY got the call from my dealership. I’m in CA for work, so I plan to drive home on Friday to pick up the car on Saturday.
This has felt like the longest wait. You guys get it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/20/2023 Build Week 1682475864541

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Mine arrived 4 days early. Can anyone break down San Diego county clean air/EV rebates are any current rebates on 23 GTPE?

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Dealer gave me the vehicle with only 40% charge and not professionally washed. I doubt they installed my 2 options yet.

Sc5i

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Country flag
Sigh... build on 3/31, shipped on 4/11... and the vehicle is still in Texas.
Today, trackers at Ford updated the estimate (pushed out by one week) - but it takes longer than that to get from Texas to SF Bay area.

It's in rail companies' hands now, but this isn't great that it's sat for almost 2 weeks now. (I'm sure I'm not the first one to be here😂)

Original estimate: 4/27 to 5/10
New: 5/5 to 5/18

Order date: 8/30
Built: 3/31 (~7 months)
Shipped: 4/11 (<2 weeks from built)

Anyone have better rail time estimates? I know it's next major stop is Kansas City.... but the fact it hasn't moved from Texas is concerning me.
I found the United road tracker, and know from them its planned to go from Richmond, CA rail yard to the dealer https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/united-road-logistics-faq.33829/ )

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I got it. We took delivery on Monday, but they kept it for a few days to tint the windows and powder coat the rims.

Our dealer experience is always good because my wife is the Ford Credit Business Development Manager for Las Vegas.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/20/2023 Build Week 1682475864541
It looks great! Welcome to the Mach-E family! 🔥

bnc734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing Yet
Country flag
I’m scheduled to pick up my CA Rt 1 today - for those who have picked up, do we get 3 years of Bluecruise or is it a 90 day trial? The order banks reopening have me slightly confused as to what I should be expecting

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I’m scheduled to pick up my CA Rt 1 today - for those who have picked up, do we get 3 years of Bluecruise or is it a 90 day trial? The order banks reopening have me slightly confused as to what I should be expecting
Check your window sticker. It's probably the 3-year deal since your order is older (assuming that was part of the original order).

Be sure to ask your dealer about the price reduction! It's in effect today. You may walk out with a heavier wallet/purse than you expected. Be sure to post your buying experience to the "Cars in Transit on May 2" thread afterward. What, if anything, did they do for you? People are trying to find out what buyers' experiences are in the wake of this new price change.
Sponsored