5/16/22 Build Week Adventures

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I think I overhyped myself by watching so many videos that by the time my car came I was probably expecting more than the reality.. I spent way too much time trying to get the park assist to work before remembering that chip was not installed and we got a $325 credit on our sticker price. I also can’t get the damn puddle light to show to save my life, so I’m aleady ticked before I get in. Pretty sure there is no hands free trunk opening. I also saw a video with ambient lighting in the back, but I guess thats not a thing. All THAT aside, I do love it. :)
anybody have an idea as to when we can get that chip installed?
Sponsored

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How's everybody who is still on here enjoying their cars? How many miles have you put on it? We have 4,250 miles on ours currently.

We use it for everything though - commuting (65 miles round trip if just me, 125 miles if carpooling with the wife when the baby is at the sitter), groceries, other errands. It's really perfect for such driving.

And the baby loves riding in it. She just stares out of the moon roof and then instantly falls asleep.

Lastly, we took "Mike E" on our road trip up to near Traverse City,MI last weekend, and it wasn't too bad. Chargepoint was definitely better than electrify America, but for any road trips in the future we'll still prioritize EA to use up our free kWH. I met two Ford engineers (and of course both times I forgot my feedback ideas until after they left), saw a couple Rivians, and definitely noticed people at EV charging stations are way friendlier than people at gas stations - at least for now while owning an EV is still kind of an exclusive club. Also, it is my hope that we more and more charging stations pop up to deal with more and more EVs on the road, charging prices will become more reasonable. For example, EA chargers were $.43/kWH, which is very expensive considering I charge for like $.10/kWH at home. Chargepoint was much more reasonable at $.20/kWH, and I imagine if a chargepoint sprung up right next to an EA, the EA would either lower it's prices or go out of business.

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I've got just under 2100 miles on now partly thanks to a trip to San Diego right after getting the car. barely (good thing I got the route 1 edition!) made it to the charger when I got there bc of heavy traffic and had to pay for a garage with a Charge point trickle charger. counting myself very lucky I live two minutes away from a dozen level 3 EA chargers in a public lot. bought a plan for $4/month to get the price to 31 cents/kWh. it charges up to 80% very quickly and a bit slower after that. finding the suspension very tight, don't suppose there's anything to do about it though it's sporty, heavy, and new.

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I don't have many miles on mine. Less than 600. My wife drives 50/60 miles to/from work every day but she's worried about driving it and getting it dinged up. She also thinks it's a bit of a beast, but in whisper mode it drives more like a regular car.

Had a guy at Menards this morning point at my car and give me a thumbs up. Another guy stared my car down while doing a u-turn. I've never had that happen before.

I was going to put some stripes on it, but decided not to after my detailer didn't want to remove the emblem. I have 2 sets of these: https://autodesign.shop/products/mach-e-graphic-side-stripes-for-ford-mustang-2021 . Half price or better if someone here wants them.
Sponsored