mdbnoh8ers

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
This is the best car I have ever had. I just wished the dealer/buying experience was better.
Sponsored

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
I sold mine to Carvana after 2 months. The ride was untenably bad, even with the MagnaRide shocks. It bobs around like a drunk penguin.

Pretty bummed because the rest of the car was very good and the Grabber Blue paint was amazeballs.

Waiting on a Polestar 2 now (since waiting for cars is apparently all I do these days).

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
This is the best car I have ever had. I just wished the dealer/buying experience was better.
I second that. My experience went better than most thanks to my dealer being one of the few good ones, but I’ve read so many bad experiences. Without the support of this community, it would have been a lot worse. Educating myself on everything really helped me with my experience and explaining to the dealer what I expected to happen with the price protection and interest rate.

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Well folks, last night I *finally* got the OTA software for the recall (same recall that delayed many of your purchases -- I managed to pick my car up just before the stop-sell). Came with some other nifty stuff including moving some of the climate controls to the bottom of the home screen so you don't have to fish for them.

Good to know my car's finally keeping an eye on those high-voltage contacts for me. I was a little concerned about that with winter and heating the cabin and schlogging through snow coming on.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Well folks, last night I *finally* got the OTA software for the recall (same recall that delayed many of your purchases -- I managed to pick my car up just before the stop-sell). Came with some other nifty stuff including moving some of the climate controls to the bottom of the home screen so you don't have to fish for them.

Good to know my car's finally keeping an eye on those high-voltage contacts for me. I was a little concerned about that with winter and heating the cabin and schlogging through snow coming on.
Wow, Ford sure wasn't in a hurry to get that "important" recall update out to all the cars. I have had 3 or 4 updates since I picked up my MME. Hopefully we never get notified to pull over safely.

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I sold mine to Carvana after 2 months. The ride was untenably bad, even with the MagnaRide shocks. It bobs around like a drunk penguin.

Pretty bummed because the rest of the car was very good and the Grabber Blue paint was amazeballs.

Waiting on a Polestar 2 now (since waiting for cars is apparently all I do these days).
I just took a road trip to Phoenix and back in my friends Model Y and the MME rides way better! I hate the way the car rides but most of the time I ride alone and in the drivers seat it's not as bad as it is as a passenger.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just took a road trip to Phoenix and back in my friends Model Y and the MME rides way better! I hate the way the car rides but most of the time I ride alone and in the drivers seat it's not as bad as it is as a passenger.
I've had a Polestar 2 dual-motor (without Performance Package) for 2 months now and I love it. It's definitely firm, but not bouncy like the Mach-E was.

I do miss wireless CarPlay - that was a serious miss by Polestar.

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I've had a Polestar 2 dual-motor (without Performance Package) for 2 months now and I love it. It's definitely firm, but not bouncy like the Mach-E was.

I do miss wireless CarPlay - that was a serious miss by Polestar.
Nice. If anyone makes a slightly larger actual SUV I'll trade my MME for it. Until then I"m kinda stuck I think.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice. If anyone makes a slightly larger actual SUV I'll trade my MME for it. Until then I"m kinda stuck I think.
Cadillac Lyric?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So coming from a 2018 Mustang 5.0 Performance PKG 2, our MME GTPE ride is perfect. If I wanted a softer ride I would change tires. Going to a Pirelli would change the ride completely, but we would give up some handling.
On our Second MME and absolutely wouldn't give it up.

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
So coming from a 2018 Mustang 5.0 Performance PKG 2, our MME GTPE ride is perfect. If I wanted a softer ride I would change tires. Going to a Pirelli would change the ride completely, but we would give up some handling.
On our Second MME and absolutely wouldn't give it up.
I think tires might be part of why I actually like the ride in my CA-R1. I test drove a GT when I was shopping and the handling was great, and holy cow so was the acceleration! But I honestly prefer the ride with the less aggressive suspension and high-profile tires in the car I ended up with.

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
How’s your paint holding up? I just spent three days detailing and ceramic coating my car (in the future I would never do this again myself) and I am aghast at how much paint damage I have already.
Sponsored