Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX50, Acura TLX and soon MME P RWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's been 5 months since I took delivery of my 22 MME Premium RWD X range in space white. Let me begin!
I had been reading posts on this forum for months before i got the car and had read so many scary ones that I expected alot of problems. I live in Southern California and drive the car about 50 miles every day and operationally the car has been perfect, in fact better than I had ever imagined. Even with the single motor the car has all the acceleration that I require. I started out using the unbridled mode, but found the ride a bit choppy. I now drive in the engage mode which is a good compromise for me. I use my iPhone with paak and it works exactly as it's supposed to. I've never carried the key fob. I charge at home about every 5 days using level 2 and the included ford charger. I have it programmed to begin at 9pm after our electric rates go down, also perfect every time. Of course, like everyone else its ridiculous that there is no physical trunk button, and no 1 push access to the camera. My biggest issue is the bluetooth connection. My I phone (which like I said works great as a paak) has problems connecting to bluetooth for both phone and carplay about 20% of the time. When my phone doesn't connect I do a soft reset of the infotainment screen and then it works. Not a big problem, but a real annoyance. If I add my wifes iPhone, the bluetooth doesn't know what the hell to do. If we're in the car at the same time or even if I'm driving alone it might still connect (or not) to her phone. I know that most cars have bluetooth issues, but still!. Setting up personal profiles never worked for me as it was meant to. I'm good with tech stuff and I tried everything to solve these problems, but to no avail. Well that's it for now. All in all I do love my very cool MME.
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The bluetooth issues you described at the end have been reported by many members since 3.5.4 was deployed over two months ago. There's no fix that I'm aware of, and we just have to live with it and hope that Ford is working on a fix. Pretty frustrating.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
OP: I took delivery of my 22 select AWD SR back in July. I too have had a great experience with my MME. No significant issues; I did decide to pay out of pocket and have my HVBJB replaced in August. I have a 160 mile round trip commute and the MME has been great. Last Tuesday, I took delivery of my 23 premium RWD ER MME. So far so good on it as well. I have put just over 16,500 miles on my 22 and 550 miles on my 23. Hope you continue to have great experiences with your MME!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The bluetooth issues you described at the end have been reported by many members since 3.5.4 was deployed over two months ago. There's no fix that I'm aware of, and we just have to live with it and hope that Ford is working on a fix. Pretty frustrating.
Hi there! If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to check things out on my end.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
It's been 5 months since I took delivery of my 22 MME Premium RWD X range in space white. Let me begin!
I had been reading posts on this forum for months before i got the car and had read so many scary ones that I expected alot of problems. I live in Southern California and drive the car about 50 miles every day and operationally the car has been perfect, in fact better than I had ever imagined. Even with the single motor the car has all the acceleration that I require. I started out using the unbridled mode, but found the ride a bit choppy. I now drive in the engage mode which is a good compromise for me. I use my iPhone with paak and it works exactly as it's supposed to. I've never carried the key fob. I charge at home about every 5 days using level 2 and the included ford charger. I have it programmed to begin at 9pm after our electric rates go down, also perfect every time. Of course, like everyone else its ridiculous that there is no physical trunk button, and no 1 push access to the camera. My biggest issue is the bluetooth connection. My I phone (which like I said works great as a paak) has problems connecting to bluetooth for both phone and carplay about 20% of the time. When my phone doesn't connect I do a soft reset of the infotainment screen and then it works. Not a big problem, but a real annoyance. If I add my wifes iPhone, the bluetooth doesn't know what the hell to do. If we're in the car at the same time or even if I'm driving alone it might still connect (or not) to her phone. I know that most cars have bluetooth issues, but still!. Setting up personal profiles never worked for me as it was meant to. I'm good with tech stuff and I tried everything to solve these problems, but to no avail. Well that's it for now. All in all I do love my very cool MME.
Thank you very much for that report!

I feel much better with my choice to order a '23 MME Premium arriving next month.

Also in So Cal, I have had the '22 F150 Lightning for 6 months and over 5800 miles - it's been a dream for me - no issues - not one.

Going to sell my beloved Lightning for the more practical MME next month....
Sponsored