8/22/22 build week gang thread

sidr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD SR IBSM
Country flag
Car arrived at the dealer today (Tuesday) early morning. We'll get it on Thursday. I went to the dealer yesterday to arrange some of the paperwork in advance. Dealer seems honest, not at all predatory. That's refreshing in view of others' experiences. But Ford Corporate really shares little info with the dealer. ...
Hooray, we have a car! Dealer at first forgot to put in the $2500 bonus cash for using options, but otherwise everything went through smoothly. Time will tell when my wife lets me drive it. .... Thanks everybody, I'm checking out of this thread, and moving into the owners forum. Good luck to all!

BBBday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select 4X SR
Country flag
Our Mach-e is at the dealer now as well, we’ll before the 9/30-10/6 delivery estimate.

The original sales guy who took our order is no longer at the dealership so no one claimed the order when the car arrived and followed up with us by phone so we had to do that ourselves. We’ll see what we can get for our 2021 Mach-e trade in as the driveway offer has declined since late August.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
We started the order at the dealership and completed it at home. Haven’t gotten a call yet from our dealer that the car is in, though.
How does that all work? Tks

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Our Mach-e is at the dealer now as well, we’ll before the 9/30-10/6 delivery estimate.

The original sales guy who took our order is no longer at the dealership so no one claimed the order when the car arrived and followed up with us by phone so we had to do that ourselves. We’ll see what we can get for our 2021 Mach-e trade in as the driveway offer has declined since late August.
That's great! Congrats.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
.... We’ll see what we can get for our 2021 Mach-e trade in as the driveway offer has declined since late August.
Mind sharing what the market looks like? Is it down across Carvana / vroom / all the players?

sidsm

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
With much thanks to the board, and after the dealer twice told me that there were no rebates for financing, and that maybe there was no Ford Options plan at the time, and after printing a Smart Vincent that didn't show Ford Options, I persisted in getting the dealer to pull the Smart Vincent report from last December as to Ford Options. It shows Ford Options with $2500 bonus cash, and 2.49%. Yes, please. And X-Plan seems to have gone through smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth transaction on Thursday....
What is this smart vincent. Where can I get more information on Ford Options, bonus cash and the finance rate ?

sidr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD SR IBSM
Country flag
What is this smart vincent. Where can I get more information on Ford Options, bonus cash and the finance rate ?
Smart Vincent is the name of some Ford database tool that lets the dealer see what the incentives were at the time of the order, because you can choose the incentives from then (in my case December 2021) or now. In view of recent interest rate movements, the older incentives are probably better. At my dealership, my salesman was not entitled to access that database; a manager had to do it. If I had kept a copy of all of the available incentives from the time I ordered the car, I might not have needed the dealer to access the old incentives. In Maryland it was $2500 cash plus 2.49% on the options balloon loan from then versus, I think, 5% interest now, I don't know the current cash amount. The non options incentives from December 2021 for me showed 2.49 percent with no cash back, but available more than the 48-month-max term for options.

possib1edoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E
Country flag

Congrats! I am close to you - when did your mach e ship from factory? Trying to get an estimated range from ship date to delivery date in South Florida. Thanks!

BBBday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select 4X SR
Country flag
Congrats! I am close to you - when did your mach e ship from factory? Trying to get an estimated range from ship date to delivery date in South Florida. Thanks!
Thanks! Our Mach-E shipped around 8/26/22 right after production completed. It arrived earlier this week at Greico Ford Delray, and we picked it up today.

We were at the dealership for four hours because they initially claimed that the X-Plan wasn’t available for the Mach-e and wanted to slap on a $999 doc fee. And then the price protection wasn’t popping up.

In the end, we got X-Plan, Price Protection and Financing Protection based on our original Oct 2021 order date.

So with $4k down, Ford Credit 0.9% APR for 48 Months, and a tax-adjusted trade in about $1k below Driveway’s offer, we left our 2021 Select 4X SR Star White w/9400 miles on it at the dealership and drove off in our new 2022 Premium 4X ER Rapid Red 😎

Ian and the rest of the team at Grieco Ford Delray were great; can’t blame them too much for trying to make a buck and they didn’t put up much of a fight after I said we’d walk away without X-Plan.

Hope your Mach-e gets delivered soon!!!

possib1edoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks! Our Mach-E shipped around 8/26/22 right after production completed. It arrived earlier this week at Greico Ford Delray, and we picked it up today.

We were at the dealership for four hours because they initially claimed that the X-Plan wasn’t available for the Mach-e and wanted to slap on a $999 doc fee. And then the price protection wasn’t popping up.

In the end, we got X-Plan, Price Protection and Financing Protection based on our original Oct 2021 order date.

So with $4k down, Ford Credit 0.9% APR for 48 Months, and a tax-adjusted trade in about $1k below Driveway’s offer, we left our 2021 Select 4X SR Star White w/9400 miles on it at the dealership and drove off in our new 2022 Premium 4X ER Rapid Red 😎

Ian and the rest of the team at Grieco Ford Delray were great; can’t blame them too much for trying to make a buck and they didn’t put up much of a fight after I said we’d walk away without X-Plan.

Hope your Mach-e gets delivered soon!!!
Nice congrats!! This is my second one as well. First dealer accepted x-plan so everything went smoothly. The second dealer doesn't accept X-plan, but doc fee is only $50.

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well Sept 26th was my estimated delivery date. IM'd Ford this morning and now they are telling me Oct 26th-Nov 1. Car has been sitting in railyard in MO for a month now and I'm 2 states over in Colorado. Come on Ford - getting silly.

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
An update if there are other CA/west-coast folks following closely... last Thursday Ford chat gave me a BNSF rail car number and I've been sucessfully(*) tracking it via Norfolk Southern's system (linked from the top post here). It seems to have left KC and was in Arizona today. So I seemed to have so far avoided the weeks-long delays that some have been seeing in the rail system. Hopefully this means things are moving along smoother more generally.

(*) ... at least it *seems* successful. The system is giving me information that seems plausible, although I have no way of know if it's accurate.

Hoff

First Name
Hoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 AWD ER Premium Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Finally, my car has left KC. God willing there arent any more snags i should be in by friday.

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Still sitting in MO train lot for mine destined for Colorado….someday.
Sponsored