Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
@Ken7, congrats on the I-PACE! I'm sure you're going to love it. The deals off MSRP are insane ($88k First Edition for $62k) for such a premium vehicle. Hope you check back in and let us know how you like it!
Wow, that’s crazy! I thought the deals here were unreal, that’s even better. These are literally the best deals I’ve seen on any vehicle I’ve ever shopped for.
Picking the car up tomorrow, super excited!

I’ll let you guys know how it’s going. Best of luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Jealous. Very excited for you. I think those cars are very nice. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!
Thanks much! :)

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wanted to let you guys know I closed the deal on a new Jaguar I-Pace. The discounts were just too good to pass up for me after being thoroughly impressed with my test drive. I'll be taking delivery on Wednesday.

Everyone here has been great (with one notable exception) and it's been fun, even during some of our heated political discussions. ;)

I wish everyone the best of luck with your Mach Es, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic car!

Pete, I hope you're back to work in short order. :)

Take care guys!
Just wanted to let you guys know I closed the deal on a new Jaguar I-Pace. The discounts were just too good to pass up for me after being thoroughly impressed with my test drive. I'll be taking delivery on Wednesday.

Everyone here has been great (with one notable exception) and it's been fun, even during some of our heated political discussions. ;)

I wish everyone the best of luck with your Mach Es, I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic car!

Pete, I hope you're back to work in short order. :)

Take care guys!
Ken - I am also leaving this forum and moving to the IPACE forum as you know. I wrote a lot in another post on this forum that has been taken down. If folks are interested in the pricing I received and that more 2019s are available, then they can go to the IPACE forum and find it under EV-Al.

I want to thank all the ME forum members for their help in getting through this Spring of no info. Good luck to you all. I am sure the ME will be a great car.

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Al, I’m sure you’ll love your I-Pace like the rest of us. Best of luck!

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Please see my message to you on the IPACE forum. I got a surprise today. Hopefully, on that you missed.

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Al,, I’m not seeing any PM on the I-Pace forum.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh, Don't know where it went...but I am still learning. I will put it here. I was surprised when I saw the purchase paperwork today. They are selling the car as used! They say that they started the Warranty on 12/2/2019 to get the manufacturer to allow the lower pricing (don't know the deal). They say that the Fed. Tax Credit should be there. The paperwork says Used, 153 miles, never registered. Obviously, my warranty has been shortened 6 months or so. I am worried about the Tax Credit.

Was yours sold as used?

Also, I got a SoH today,. It shows 36 cells at 12.2 V. It also has one page that says : "Battery pack State of Health is within tollerance". Is there anything missing do you think?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Oh, Don't know where it went...but I am still learning. I will put it here. I was surprised when I saw the purchase paperwork today. They are selling the car as used! They say that they started the Warranty on 12/2/2019 to get the manufacturer to allow the lower pricing (don't know the deal). They say that the Fed. Tax Credit should be there. The paperwork says Used, 153 miles, never registered. Obviously, my warranty has been shortened 6 months or so. I am worried about the Tax Credit.

Was yours sold as used?

Also, I got a SoH today,. It shows 36 cells at 12.2 V. It also has one page that says : "Battery pack State of Health is within tollerance". Is there anything missing do you think?
If this article is right, only new cars can get the Federal tax credit:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/how-does-the-electric-car-tax-credit-work/ar-BB15vYRk?ocid=se

Ditto this Federal website:
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxfaqs.shtml

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Was yours sold as used?

I think what some of the dealers do is show it at as ‘used’ to get some incentives from Jaguar. My car actually showed up in the used section on the website, despite having only 32 miles on it. My actual sales invoice showed it correctly as ‘new’. There was even a car fax I ran that showed it as new. It was then that the dealer explained why they list some as used when they are in fact new.

You should insist the actual sales invoice show ‘new’ so there is no question about warranty or tax credits. If not, let someone put it in writing that they guarantee you’ll get all of the tax credit you’re entitled to. I’d be less concerned about the 6 months reduction in warranty as opposed to a $7,500 tax credit. If the car is new then there should be no problem in them stating so.

On the SoH, I can only comment that they gave me a multi-page report that showed each of the 36 cells as having a 100% SoH. It was a diagnostic report.

Last edited:

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. This was on the "new" section of the dealer's website and on the new section of Jaguar Inventory USA when it pulled what I asked to have pulled.

The draft Sales Invoice says Used. I questioned it with the Fin. Mgr. and she told me that it was because of the warranty being started early.

I have been reading the tax form instructions for 8936 where you insert this for the credit. I have used them 3 times before. They make it look OK because they say "The original use of the vehicle began with you" is one of the key requirements.

I am still worried and am going to push this back on the dealer. He has other cars like this and must have had an opinion from someone that OK'd this. I am going to ask him to either mark it as new or ask him for a letter from a Tax Attorney or CPA that states it still qualifies.

Thanks again for the babysitting....

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would ask why they started the warranty process prior to anyone owning it. The only thing I can think of is that they had complied with Jaguar firmware or hardware changes with cars on the lot and they needed to start the warranty process to be reimbursed. But even that seems like a stretch.

Either way you need to be ensured that you are entitled to the full $7,500 credit.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A status: I reread the Fed Form for Tax Credit 8639 and feel my IPACE will qualify. Talked with a local tax preparer about it, and he believes it will qualify.

I talked to the GM again today and balled him out for withholding this info. After the discussion, I decided to go ahead with the transaction. While there is some risk, I think it is minor. So, hooray, again.

Since this is a remote signing and delivery, the car should arrive late next week.

Thanks again for the council... I will send you a picture once it is here.

Al

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats Al! You were wise in checking with the tax preparer and rechecking the IRS form. Sounds like you’ll be fine.

Once this is behind you, you’ll quickly see what an incredible car this is. A day doesn’t go by without me getting a compliment on the car’s sharp looks.

Now you should think about getting a L2 charger.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congrats Al! You were wise in checking with the tax preparer and rechecking the IRS form. Sounds like you’ll be fine.

Once this is behind you, you’ll quickly see what an incredible car this is. A day doesn’t go by without me getting a compliment on the car’s sharp looks.

Now you should think about getting a L2 charger.
Thanks, Ken. I have a Juicebox 40 now from when I had my Volvo XC60 Plug-In. The Volvo was not smart enough (like a MS) to be able to be set itself to charge at a specific time. I am planning to use it on the IPACE.

I remember from the MS that we were taught to, as a rule, not charge past 85% unless you were leaving on a trip. It was supposed to be better for battery life and to keep the high end of the charge capacity. Have you heard of such a suggestion for the IPACE? What is your practice on limiting the charge?

Here is a showroom picture - Thanks
Ford Mustang Mach-E A goodbye to all 1592584777574

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I would ask why they started the warranty process prior to anyone owning it. The only thing I can think of is that they had complied with Jaguar firmware or hardware changes with cars on the lot and they needed to start the warranty process to be reimbursed. But even that seems like a stretch.

Either way you need to be ensured that you are entitled to the full $7,500 credit.
This is a "punched" car where the dealer "purchases" the car and then sells it as used or demo. You should have no problem getting the Federal tax credit, but you do lose some of the warranty.

It is part of the reason the deals can be even sweeter, but there is a minor downside. @HopefulAl , congratulations on getting a great car!
Sponsored