Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
It seems like there might be some value in sharing the support journey here.

There is absolutely no hyperbole in any of my posts. This is really what's happening and no one believes it could happen. It's heart breaking as a Mustang fan.

We are just now cataloging all of the issues for support service and there's so much flying around that it didn't even occur to me until now that the emergency braking had glitched that 1 time. Trust me from 1 human being to another. You will never feel the same way about safely cruising at Interstate speeds in that car ever again. You can just turn that feature off right? But no joke whatsoever in our Mach-E it is and always has been an absolute dice roll on which settings stick and which ones don't. My wife and I both have driver profiles and again if you are busy with life and trying to live it, she might not even notice that sometimes it loads no profiles and is set to a default blank profile. Meaning that brake feature could potentially silently turn itself back on and lead to disaster.

I will say here for the record I would never trust a self-driving deal even from Tesla. Maybe even especially from Tesla. Young car engineers really seem to have a blind spot for playing with people's lives. I'm still really excited about EV tech but never cared about self-driving because I've met too many bad cocky software developers before.

The braking issue is a critical failure on a space station engineering level. Any system like that should have a double failsafe interlock or whatever Star Trek jargon they want to call it. Multiple sensors suddenly agreed it was safer to brake as hard as the car can instead of traveling at 5mph with no proximity warnings? Or did Ford just slap it together all wrong with no failsafe? I fully expected the proximity alarms to not be directly connected to the emergency braking sensors because the proximity warnings don't require the failsafe. They actually spread the detection field out and show you exactly which ones around the car see what distance to objects. The speed sign tracking seems to be all camera based, works fine, but not related to GPS tracking at all. So what the hell allows those brake sensors to glitch? Note that this problem has no relation whatsoever to it being an EV - this is just a modern car feature that could be a warning indicator for Ford's engineering across the board.

I've been on the phone for hours today with Ford's nationwide support lines. I have case numbers finally in both the Credit division and the Warranty division. I've informed them of all the intimate and true details of the shady dealership. I've offered to take the car to the biggest dealership in the capital city in Raleigh, NC only about an hour from home, maybe they will have a nice service shop. I said I would drive this thing from NC to Michigan and be at their front door Monday morning if that would help. Based on what I'm hearing from you folks it needs to be seriously looked at and not treated as a regular repo.

I called the dealership to have a real human conversation with the service manager there before bothering them with this mess. The lady who answered phone said it was closing time but she chatted a bit, heard the relevant parts of the story, and left him a note with my number. She said what Ford HQ has been telling them lately is only let Mach-E's be serviced at the lot that sold them.

That's the point here people. It is time to sound the alarm that Mach-E is starting to swirl the drain and Ford knows it. It doesn't matter how good it is when it works or how many you have that work. A car in this price range lives and dies by its resale value and Mach-E is a dead duck. If it's possible to have one working flawlessly I'm very happy for you but you need to be aware that situations like this have already killed retained values across the board. We never would have learned about that problem if everything kept working like it did the first week. It would suck when we tried to re-fi and lower the payment but just breeze by if the car was working fine.

It's deeply concerning that Ford doesn't have a decent support process for this. It was my understanding that whoever gets a used Tesla becomes the owner of that Tesla and registers it with the app so that they can have that direct support line for this futuristic new venture. It looked like Ford was doing similar because we got the FordPass App and went through the ownership process. But the latest update to that app on Android seemed to remove the error log feature and dozens of sensor fault log messages with timestamps disappeared from my phone.

I just logged in and checked with the Mach-E owner interface on the web. The log history of sensor errors is gone from there too. I mentioned that to one of the support techs I saw in person today about impossible to reproduce intermittent issues and he said they should still be able to see that history on their end. Why does Ford need to hide those logs from consumers now? Another reason I didn't bother with issues like that sooner is that I had those logs nice and neat. And we totally went through the steps of making sure sensors and cameras were clear of dirt and stuff and thought we might be on the right track. Does anyone else have any simple issues like that in an NC-ish climate?

You see how I've thought this through and no logical process can explain why a car would glitch on emergency braking. The sensors couldn't have been dirty for that split second and then magically clean again. If a bug can fly into a sensor and set it off or something, again, how the hell is it not a double failsafe system? Is it a double failsafe in the front but not the back? That might make sense. If nearby wind/grass can set if off, what happens when you get near a good old load of hay moving around here in NC? If the sensors can glitch on small objects and aren't double failsafe, can a stray bit of hay flying off a farm truck cause the car to brake so hard it ejects us all to hell? Frankly if that had happened at this point in the support process we definitely be talking about mental damages.

I'll keep it too real for you. My wife and I are around age 40, been married 13 years. I am the only man she has ever has been with consensually and this car was a gift to her. So slow your role before you scoff at the mental damages of strange shit happening at interstate speeds and a salesman casually ignoring her request to get her keys back. My wife is a real human woman and not some muscle car guy, no offense. She doesn't know or care about the technical details. When you are traveling at interstate speeds and that back up cam pops up and you know you've felt it slam breaks before by surprise, sh!t just got real. This is a luxury vehicle that we paid a pretty premium for. She liked Tesla better overall but agreed the Mach-E is much prettier. How real does Ford want this to get here? Or they can just stand by the heap of junk they sold us and admit the lemon was never juiced properly.

I want to make a TikTok or something for Ford Mustang Mach-E with Obi-Wan's epic voice over:
"The fight is done.
We Lost."
There is a lot to unpack here. Maybe a little less soy and internets would help...

Oh and get rid of the lemon.
Sponsored

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
You sound like the guy in Poe's A Tell-Tale Heart trying to convince the reader he's not crazy.

I get the car has not performed, but like, don't take it out on us? Also if it's a lemon, get rid of it. There are laws for that.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
While I agree it was indeed a bit of a length, it does not warranty the rude replies. If I, as having english as third language, can read and understand what he meant, so can you native english speaking Americans too. Grow up.

As someone stated and summarized, it boils down to sensor faults, emergency braking causing dangerous situations and Fords inability, or will, to fix the problems. It points to an systemic problem where Ford then tries to hide the faults and error messages from Fordpass. If there is a serious situation in the future, it will be words aginst words, as the user cannot document the issues as the alarms are removed from the Fordpass application.

This ties a bit into what I have been experience myself lately. Keep in mind that I am on my fourth HVBJB; changed once - broke twice. You would believe that that was docuemented by Ford? No, it's not. On a checkup yesterday (faulty wiper fluid sensor), it is ONLY documented the last HVBJB change. There are no documentation in either Ford Pass or Ford systems, something the service tech also confirmed yesterday. I did not get invoice of the first 3 either, as it was under waranty and thus not bill was sent me. All I have is a vague email confirmation about an agreed service time. How the hell are we going to prove anything in the future if something happens? Sigh, the TL;DR of this paragraph, OP has a valid concern while many of you seems naive for the future.
Keep in mind, this thread is a spillover from another thread he created a day before on the same topic that got closed.

People are trying to help, but kinda got yelled at.

OP needs to go to his dealer to get this stuff fixed. End of story. It’s under warranty and these are known and fixable problems with solutions.

Instead of fixing the problem, is on a mission to create a smear campaign for some reason to “warn others” about known simple issues.

ack154

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
You need to find out why it was lemon'd. That could be anything. In some cases it's just because it would take 6 months or some unknown time to get a part to make a known repair and they might do a buy back so the customer doesn't have to wait forever without their car. And then the part comes in and it's all repaired just fine - just way longer than initially thought.

So it could have just been a buy back that was totally repaired and your issues are 100% unrelated.

OP
OP
SlicerOnSteam

SlicerOnSteam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford C-Max Energi, 2021 Mustang Mach E4
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
Noooooo! Not Gentoo jokes on my car forum! Worlds are colliding!!!
Hey, my rants are necessary but not particularly helpful. You don't like it? Fair enough. Get out of my thread, I didn't invite you here. There are obviously other decent people trying to actually help.

Just for the record though, I am quite familiar with Gentoo and make a handsome living with my skillset. So I'm all about Gentoo conversations with other human beings who can behave like grown ups. In case you didn't notice. This is neither the time nor the place for that.

Keeping it real for you too ;)

Reported.

OP
OP
SlicerOnSteam

SlicerOnSteam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
You sound like the guy in Poe's A Tell-Tale Heart trying to convince the reader he's not crazy.

I get the car has not performed, but like, don't take it out on us? Also if it's a lemon, get rid of it. There are laws for that.
I'm not taking it out on anyone. Just being blunt. But obviously you can see I've already had to report 2 trolls in the thread.

I appreciate anyone who can give me any bit of information to help because Ford ain't gonna do it.

That's the other issue here that you can't help with. It can't be lemon lawed again in this state. Probably not a coincidence that Ford did that and sold it here specifically. It's not looking good and crap like this is what is tanking market values on all Mach-E's everywhere.

OP
OP
SlicerOnSteam

SlicerOnSteam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
So it could have just been a buy back that was totally repaired and your issues are 100% unrelated.
We're passed that at this point. Thanks to helpful people here, we now know that the camera fault is a well known issue that Ford never told us about. Maybe it wasn't a part of the lemon problem who knows? The bottom line is that it was sold to us as completely good to go and under warranty from Ford on a Ford lot.

Reports to the Federal Trade Commission and Better Business Bureau were submitted this morning. People need to understand that this is the level we are at with our treatment from Ford so far.

I'll post all reported issues in the BBB form here for full disclosure. Keep in mind that while these issues are mostly inconveniences, the real deal breaker is any glitches with safety systems like braking. BBB's form has a character limit so I had to break up every major gripe into its own brief line item which maybe I should have done from the start. But I threw everything in there I could think of on the spot. I'm sure my wife could offer more because it was her commuter.

BBB's process cannot even comprehend the level of screwy we're talking about here because how do you count "first occurrence" and "days out of service" on software glitches with absolutely no sign anywhere that Ford engineering can even begin to sort out their own code? Therefore all issues are marked as day 0 issues and mileage 0 that they have had unlimited opportunity to fix with software updates for years on end and they already took it through whatever bogus lemon process they have and re-certified it!

BBB1.png

BBB2.png

BBB3.png

360alaska

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E RWD, 2019 Model 3, 1997 Ranger 4.0
Country flag
While I agree it was indeed a bit of a length, it does not warranty the rude replies. If I, as having english as third language, can read and understand what he meant, so can you native english speaking Americans too. Grow up.

As someone stated and summarized, it boils down to sensor faults, emergency braking causing dangerous situations and Fords inability, or will, to fix the problems. It points to an systemic problem where Ford then tries to hide the faults and error messages from Fordpass. If there is a serious situation in the future, it will be words aginst words, as the user cannot document the issues as the alarms are removed from the Fordpass application.

This ties a bit into what I have been experience myself lately. Keep in mind that I am on my fourth HVBJB; changed once - broke twice. You would believe that that was docuemented by Ford? No, it's not. On a checkup yesterday (faulty wiper fluid sensor), it is ONLY documented the last HVBJB change. There are no documentation in either Ford Pass or Ford systems, something the service tech also confirmed yesterday. I did not get invoice of the first 3 either, as it was under waranty and thus not bill was sent me. All I have is a vague email confirmation about an agreed service time. How the hell are we going to prove anything in the future if something happens? Sigh, the TL;DR of this paragraph, OP has a valid concern while many of you seems naive for the future.
I reported the camera/Collision Avoidance defect to the NHTSA, I suggest everybody does and then it should become a recall.

OP
OP
SlicerOnSteam

SlicerOnSteam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
Instead of fixing the problem, is on a mission to create a smear campaign for some reason to “warn others” about known simple issues.
That is a reasonably fair assessment. These thread needs to be searchable on the Internet for anyone who might google it. Had we known going in that the car would have absolutely no retained value to trade in, obviously we wouldn't be in this mess. So that is a key sign of a "smear campaign" but also vital information for anyone making a major life purchase - even if their Mach-E works perfectly and I truly hope it does. It is complete financial ruin for anyone who doesn't want to put up with little glitches.

ack154

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
and they already took it through whatever bogus lemon process they have and re-certified it!
But this is what I was talking about a couple posts up. You keep talking about it being a lemon.

Its "lemon" status could only end up being because a single part failed and the part was backordered for a long time so they bought the car back from the customer to save them the hassle of waiting 10-12 months for a part without a vehicle. It would have eventually been repaired but now has a buy back mark on its record despite THAT SPECIFIC ISSUE being fully repaired.

So unless you find out what caused the buy back - it would have ZERO bearing on any other issue on your car. But you keep coming back to it like that's the root of your issues. Sure.... it could be. But it's just as likely (if not more likely, IMO) that it was a delayed repair buy back.

And I suggest taking a minute to look up specific lemon laws in your state. They vary a LOT by state and there are often specific requirements to being considered a lemon and what that process actually is.

Is your car f'd up? Sure looks like it... but you seem so focused on nearly everything but actually having the patience to work with someone to get it repaired.

OP
OP
SlicerOnSteam

SlicerOnSteam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
I reported the camera/Collision Avoidance defect to the NHTSA, I suggest everybody does and then it should become a recall.
Keep in mind in a consumer protection situation, Ford has royally screwed themselves on the sensor fault logging system. If we lawyer up and can make them turn over the digital logs and there is any shred of proof whatsoever that the sensor error ever hit before it went through the lemon repairs, then this is straight up fraud at the highest levels of Ford.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
That is a reasonably fair assessment. These thread needs to be searchable on the Internet for anyone who might google it. Had we known going in that the car would have absolutely no retained value to trade in, obviously we wouldn't be in this mess. So that is a key sign of a "smear campaign" but also vital information for anyone making a major life purchase - even if their Mach-E works perfectly and I truly hope it does. It is complete financial ruin for anyone who doesn't want to put up with little glitches.
People here are genuinely trying to help. We are desperately telling you that what you are reporting is a KNOWN ISSUE with a KNOWN FIX that HAS BEEN KNOWN for well over a year. it has nothing to do with sour-tasting fruits.

If what you are wanting is your KNOWN ISSUE to be fixed with the KNOWN FIX that has been known FOR OVER A YEAR, then you should consider doing the following:

(1) Click on this forum link: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-89-and-or-u3000-49-stored-in-the-ipma.28224/
(2) Read the very first post, and only the first post.
(3) Click on the file that is attached to that post
(4) Bring the printed papers to your dealer and they will fix your KNOWN ISSUE with the KNOWN FIX that has been known for OVER A YEAR
Sponsored