TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Sorry, I'm going to ask a dumb question only because I wasn't clear on your description. The code card has two sides are you using the right code? One side has the code for North America the other side has a code for Europe and China.
That's a good point. When my dealer mentioned the card he emphasized that there is a 5-digit code on one side for North American market -- and a 7-digit code on the reverse side for EU & China.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Badger_Prof

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sorry, I'm going to ask a dumb question only because I wasn't clear on your description. The code card has two sides are you using the right code? One side has the code for North America the other side has a code for Europe and China.
Yep, using the correct side of the card. Thanks for the suggestion though. My experience has been that operator error is often the source of tech problems (mea culpa often). My dealer has also tried the code and it failed for them also. So, I have a service appointment for next week. They are going to source the code to verify the code in the car is correct and, if so, try to find the fix. You did bring up an interesting issue. To fix the inability of my car to connect to wifi, I had to switch the keyboard from UK English to US English. I wonder if something like that could be behind the problem. Time will tell. In the meantime, I am loving the car!

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It sounds like they put the wrong code card in your car or it was programmed wrong at the plant. That code should be in firmware, so you can't accidentally delete it.

The code on my card works fine and I've been able to program additional codes to get in. Yes, there was a step in the infotainment screen that required the code from the car to enter other codes. All of that worked fine for me.

The good news is Ford has been using these codes for a long time so hopefully they have an easy solution for you.

OP
OP
Badger_Prof

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Anybody else have this problem--When I enter the access code from the card that came with the car (on the main infotainment screen), I get a message that it is an incorrect code. The code will not open the door either. Can't figure out how to reset it without having the factory code from the card and that does not work. Thanks for the help.
The solution to this issue was easy. The dealer had switched my card with the card from their other Mach-E. Whoops. The correct code works just fine!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
The solution to this issue was easy. The dealer had switched my card with the card from their other Mach-E. Whoops. The correct code works just fine!
lol so in a way it was a user error just that you werent the user that caused the error
Sponsored