Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The chances of the car not having the 360 Camera option yet having the hardware seems.... Low. MUCH higher chance that the dealer gave you incorrect info to begin with.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Wait, seriously, they don't have a 360 camera? With all those cameras and Sentry Mode? No 360 view? That SHOCKS me. I'm floored they don't/won't have CarPlay (a deal killer for me), but no 360 view for the "TechnoKing" is just crazy.
They have sort of the opposite "problem" the Mustang Mach E has. Their cameras are used for *choke/gag* "self-driving" *choke/gag* so they don't "look" in the right direction. To generate a synthetic 360 parking view, you need cameras that look primarily at the ground around the car. For driving computer vision, you need cameras that are looking up and around. Tesla would have to either put additional cameras on the vehicle, put in some kind of re-aiming for the cameras, depending on car mode, and/or put different lenses on the cameras and lots of image processing to clean up the distortions from the lenses.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
They have sort of the opposite "problem" the Mustang Mach E has. Their cameras are used for *choke/gag* "self-driving" *choke/gag* so they don't "look" in the right direction. To generate a synthetic 360 parking view, you need cameras that look primarily at the ground around the car. For driving computer vision, you need cameras that are looking up and around. Tesla would have to either put additional cameras on the vehicle, put in some kind of re-aiming for the cameras, depending on car mode, and/or put different lenses on the cameras and lots of image processing to clean up the distortions from the lenses.
That absolutely makes sense when explained that way.
Sponsored