Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Assuming you have the self parking, Has anyone used it? I have Job 2 2021.

I tried once and didn’t work, of course that doesn’t t mean I did it correctly but it kept telling me its not happening

I am really too scared to use it in tight parking anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I tried once and didn’t work, or course that doesn’t t mean I did it correctly but it kept telling its not happening

I am really to scared to use it in tight parking anyway.
I have tried mine twice. First time is completely missed the parking spot. Second time (at a different location) it gave up completely.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Active Park Assist powers side sensing 1667489305647

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
it needs to be completely reprogrammed. not a simple swap. definitely not going to be cheap to get this installed when and if it ever becomes an available option
Ford Mustang Mach-E Active Park Assist powers side sensing Enable_Active_Park_Assist

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I tried once and didn’t work, of course that doesn’t t mean I did it correctly but it kept telling me its not happening

I am really too scared to use it in tight parking anyway.
I used it once on my '21 Prem and it worked flawlessly. I also used it on my '15 F-150 Lariat (it was introduced that year) in downtown Nashville. Problem was it got me into a parking space that I would never have attempted normally, and when it came time to leave I had to have spotters front and rear to get me out of it (they didn't have "Park Out" then).

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My March '23 build date. has a park button and sensors.
I think if you activate that park button now in your '23 model it will help you find parking spaces on the map. Pretty sure that hard button for Park assist has now been repurposed and no longer does what it used to do when the feature was first introduced.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I have tried mine twice. First time is completely missed the parking spot. Second time (at a different location) it gave up completely.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Active Park Assist powers side sensing Enable_Active_Park_Assist
Hilarious. I didn't even need to look at your profile to know "That's Phoenix right there" blacktop like an over baked cake.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I don't use it often, but I have done it a couple dozen times over the last couple years. It's absolutely NAILED parallel parking every time for me. A bit slow, but does a great job.

For perpendicular spots it does well if there are cars on either side. It doesn't look at the lines painted on the ground. Instead, it just puts itself equally spaced between the two other cars. So in the very specific scenario where there are cars on either side it works very well.

But agreed, the more useful aspect of this is when I'm parking in a very tight place, and the car's senors see what's on the sides of the car

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
So it's been well over a year since the "prep kit" cars were released. Is there any update from Ford on when will be able to install the new sensors?

I don't need the parking feature itself, but I've already tapped something in my tight garage due to not having sensors active on the sides and I would like to add them.

@Ford Motor Company

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's a shame. I wonder where would be the most fruitful place to register my interest so that Ford knows that there are customers seeking this? Maybe calling for Ford EV tech line (I don't recall exactly its official name)?
Sponsored