Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Since Ford didn't include the active park assist feature and the window sticker shows credit of $325, are customers supposed to get money back during times of purchase or will the credit be used in the future if/when Ford decides to makes the feature available?
Sponsored

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
The purchase price is reduced by $325. I don't think anybody yet knows what it will cost to add the feature once the parts become available.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This ^^

Shows clearly a reduction in price of $325.

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The purchase price is reduced by $325. I don't think anybody yet knows what it will cost to add the feature once the parts become available.
So my purchase price wasn't reduced by 325. I've emailed my dealer but the responses have been a bit slow. Understandable when they might have to reimburse the money. I just wanted to understand so I know how hard to try to get the money back vs trying to use the credit in the future.

Blackpony

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Having just bought my GT a few weeks ago, the dealer had me sign a statement that the prep kit was not in the car and the $325 deducted from the total MSRP. I take it that was due to the issue you raise. BTW this is my first post on this forum. And for what it is worth, I traded in my 2015 Nissan GTR for the GT and, so far, I am quite happy with its performance.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
The $325 has been deducted from the MSRP on the window sticker so if you were charged $325 more than the window sticker's MSRP then you are correct. The $325 wouldn't be an amount deducted elsewhere on the purchase contract since it's already included in the MSRP.

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The $325 has been deducted from the MSRP on the window sticker so if you were charged $325 more than the window sticker's MSRP then you are correct. The $325 wouldn't be an amount deducted elsewhere on the purchase contract since it's already included in the MSRP.
My x plan price from last October was less than the price increase that occurred around December. My window sticker showed the higher price so the dealer honored the original price. Regardless of what price, it should like I should have been credited $325 from the price I paid.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
My x plan price from last October was less than the price increase that occurred around December. My window sticker showed the higher price so the dealer honored the original price. Regardless of what price, it should like I should have been credited $325 from the price I paid.
So if I understand correctly, the dealer gave you a printout of the X-Plan price when you placed your order, that price is what you were charged when you bought the car, and the dealer didn't factor in the additional $325 Park Assist credit you were owed. If that's the case, it sounds like a whole recalculation would need to be done because the $325 credit would make a minor adjustment to the X-Plan price and also you likely paid sales tax on $325 that you wouldn't have owed had the calculation been done correctly the first time.

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So if I understand correctly, the dealer gave you a printout of the X-Plan price when you placed your order, that price is what you were charged when you bought the car, and the dealer didn't factor in the additional $325 Park Assist credit you were owed. If that's the case, it sounds like a whole recalculation would need to be done because the $325 credit would make a minor adjustment to the X-Plan price and also you likely paid sales tax on $325 that you wouldn't have owed had the calculation been done correctly the first time.
That sums it up perfectly. Hopefully they just reimburse 325+tax without having to redo any paperwork.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Yeah. They Owe U a little more than 325 and legally you could throw the car back at them and cancel the entire contract because of that. So threaten to do such and you’ll get your money.

I would also not accept $325 of nitrogen for your tires
Jes sayin…

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Do cars without active park assist still have the active park assist but5on, or do they put in a blank?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That sums it up perfectly. Hopefully they just reimburse 325+tax without having to redo any paperwork.
The correct price would have the original X-Plan price, minus $325 x .98, then sales tax. If you were charged the original X-Plan price, plus tax, then you are owed the above. Minor difference.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I ran into this exact issue when I purchased my car and posted about it (not at my computer so hard to track down and paste a link but if you search my name and park assist etc you’ll pull it up). My dealer had me leave with an IOU and sent me a check around a month or so later. They were great to deal with all along so I wasn’t worried.

Blackpony

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually, the window sticker has an entry that deducts the 350 so the MSRP is that much lower. But the price I was charged and paid was...way more than MSRP! Even if the 350 was added into that how could anyone but the dealer know? Does anyone get one of these at this time for MSRP?
Sponsored