Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am the reverse, I want to remove as much of the badging from the car. In my opinion, I think cars look much better without all the extra stuff. A clean car line and some paint. I will definitely take the emblems off the lower part of the front doors and I may take the rear mustang horse off the back. Don't get me started on bumper stickers. ;)
I am with you and don't like emblems/badges either. I wouldn't have one on the liftgate but behind the pony/GT emblem there are two large holes that would need to be filled and painted which I was not about to do at this time. Maybe in the future.
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
How about a "DUAL MOTOR" Tesla badge (does the Plaid say "TRI MOTOR")?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
As soon as I take delivery of mine the California Route 1 badge comes off the back along with the MachE X on the sides and of course the tacky dealer advertising decals and such!

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yeah NOT that.

That’s talking about “up-badging.” Like putting GT badges on a v6 Mustang.

On my Chevy SS, I put a 6.2L badge on the back and SS badges on the front.

Why? Because it was an SS with a 6.2L engine. It also resulted in slightly less people asking me what year “Malibu” it was.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Add a rear badge? 2B0A1E9C-B450-4B47-BA6E-03763012A523

Ford Mustang Mach-E Add a rear badge? 050A0D73-B31F-4EE4-878B-00E0BB345929

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah NOT that.

That’s talking about “up-badging.” Like putting GT badges on a v6 Mustang.

On my Chevy SS, I put a 6.2L badge on the back and SS badges on the front.

Why? Because it was an SS with a 6.2L engine. It also resulted in slightly less people asking me what year “Malibu” it was.

2B0A1E9C-B450-4B47-BA6E-03763012A523.jpeg

050A0D73-B31F-4EE4-878B-00E0BB345929.jpeg
I know, I just thought he was funny the way he described it. Full disclosure, I once had an S10 Blazer LS and I changed the grille to a painted one and then put LT badges on it, no one could tell the difference.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know, I just thought he was funny the way he described it. Full disclosure, I once had an S10 Blazer LS and I changed the grille to a painted one and then put LT badges on it, no one could tell the difference.
Thank you for sharing. This is a safe space.

Now never do that again! ?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for sharing. This is a safe space.

Now never do that again! ?
By the way that SS looked great, can't believe they never put the badge on.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By the way that SS looked great, can't believe they never put the badge on.
Thanks!

Other than the Chevy bowties, the only badge it came with was the single SS on the rear. 2016-2017 got a 2nd SS in the front. Definitely a good car those who like badgeless sleepers.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks great! I'd love more information on where you sourced the emblems from and and the actual mounting of the emblem on the car. Thanks in advance from one Iconic Silver owner to another...
The Ford Oval emblem I used is part# CL3Z-9942528-B. It is used on the liftgate of Ford Explorers among other vehicles. Cost is about $30 from tascaparts.com. You can send it to Emblem City and they will charge $75 to custom paint any combination of colors or you can take it apart and do it yourself. Emblem City also has those genuine emblems in stock so you can just have them paint and send to you. Cost is about the same as you buying it yourself and shipping it to them to have it done.

I had to go with this 7" size emblem in order to cover the large mounting holes in the liftgate while keeping the emblem centered. If I went with a smaller emblem, even a 6" one, to cover the holes the emblem would need to be mounted left of center (would look stupid).

I removed the two mounting studs on the rear of the emblem then test fitted it to the liftgate where I was going to mount it. I found the liftgate is not completely flat in the middle. It has a slight bow left-right and the emblem would slightly rock side to side so I heated it up and slightly bent the ends down to conform to the liftgate panel. Once I got it to fit perfectly flat, I marked the center of the emblem lightly with pencil to make sure it would be directly centered with the rear camera. Then with a level under the Ford script and emblem on the liftgate, I marked with tape on each side of liftgate so would be level when I mount the emblem. I put 3M double sided foam tape on the back of the emblem and mounted it.

As a side note, I was thinking of going with black on black emblem but from even a short distance, it just looked like a black blob so went with the custom Iconic Silver emblem.

IMG_6401D.jpg

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Thanks so much. Did you use a hair dryer or heat gun to successfully bend the emblem?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
Thanks!

Other than the Chevy bowties, the only badge it came with was the single SS on the rear. 2016-2017 got a 2nd SS in the front. Definitely a good car those who like badgeless sleepers.
I love the sleeper status, personally. I was once asked if I was driving one of those "Impalas with the LS3". Closer than most people get lol. With the Whipple bolted on mine part of me wants a 16-17 hood with the vents in it for heat management, but I don't want the extra visual stuff to draw attention to it at the same time!
Sponsored