First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Try to touch the small Google map icon under the weather card
When i do, nothing happens. I tried tapping it abd even holding it for a few seconds.

Does that put maps in fullscreen mode for you?
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Does that put maps in fullscreen mode for you?
Yes, just did it now.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto Weather Tile 20230213_220504

This is the waze view. I touched the icon with the dots:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto Weather Tile 20230213_220517

Touched the maps icon (sorry, drew the arrow in a wrong photo)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto Weather Tile 20230213_220542

Touched the map icon below "36°"
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto Weather Tile 20230213_220552

In this view, if I touch the icon that looks like a window (the drawn arrow must be here ;) ), the smaller cards are displayed under the map:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto Weather Tile 20230213_220623

I can make a video, but not today... my car is tired 😴

Last edited:

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Thank you so much. I have tried all the above steps on my car and I can't get the map to fullscreen. I really appreciate the pics. I will try some more things later.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Yes, just did it now.
LOL...if robots ever take over, our lives will suck not because they will try to exploit us, but because of all the bugs...

After not working last night despite me resetting sync, reinstalling AA on my phone, clearing all the settings.... this morning when I got into the car pressing on the map icon made the two tiles disappear and map went to full screen.

OP
OP

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
What happens on your phone when you click on the built in weather to see the current forecast/conditions?
If I tap on weather in the phone, it shows me everything and it is based on current location. If I tap on the weather icon inside android auto on the Mach E screen, it verbally tells me the weather based on current location.

It just won't populate the screen tile I included earlier. And I can't remove the tile, nor does it go away if I cycle through a few other items like maps, podcasts, phone, etc... It just takes up the lower left corner with those hyphens and the degrees symbol. When trying to swipe it away, it just moves about an inch and bounces back into place.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto Weather Tile PXL_20230209_205141865

I am sure glad nobody at Ford or Google shows up in the middle of the night and moves all the buttons and switches in my Expedition. Everything is right where I expect it to be, every time! Not the case with my Wonk-E.

OP
OP

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
@spicy_taco in AA on the car screen do you have the little black and white boxed icon? It toggles how big the various apps on the screen are.
The little black and white box with the arrows shooting out to each of the corners is gone, haven't seen it since this new UI has appeared.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
If I tap on weather in the phone, it shows me everything and it is based on current location. If I tap on the weather icon inside android auto on the Mach E screen, it verbally tells me the weather based on current location.

It just won't populate the screen tile I included earlier. And I can't remove the tile, nor does it go away if I cycle through a few other items like maps, podcasts, phone, etc... It just takes up the lower left corner with those hyphens and the degrees symbol. When trying to swipe it away, it just moves about an inch and bounces back into place.
PXL_20230209_205141865.jpg

I am sure glad nobody at Ford or Google shows up in the middle of the night and moves all the buttons and switches in my Expedition. Everything is right where I expect it to be, every time! Not the case with my Wonk-E.
Are you hardwired or Bluetooth?

Lemme try Bluetooth later and see if I can see the graphic.
I might have the same problem. I have seen the graphic though, for s noure I was hardwired.

honestly I think that Tile is useless. Rather see the music player half screen which I have set now.

Edit:. The weather graphic shows using BT. Took a few minutes though.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
USB cable connected, but Bluetooth turns back on.

Tapping on maps icon at bottom of screen does put it back to full screen.

Yet there is still no way I have found to make the tile for weather go away when on the three tiles screen view.
Sponsored

Last edited: