Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
GoMs on ICE cars (from what I am told) are not horribly accurate either. I just go by the fuel gauge. 25% or less? Look for fuel. Just for grins, the volume of fuel in my Blazer’s tank at 25% is pretty much my Fusion’s tank on full.
Sponsored

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
In the spirit of beating the deadhorse to decomposition, here's something to think about: the range displayed in the dash, don't know what GOM means, depends on the ratio miles/kWh of previous trips and the outside temperature.

Recently, on a trip to Park City, UT, In noticed that my range went from 174 miles at 80% SoC to 130 miles 80% SoC and the range would drop 10 miles overnight as the vehicle was accumulating snow outside - most hotels don't have covered parking or chargers available.

With winter approaching I expect the range to drop, not sure by how much.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
After picking the car up in late February and 7400 miles driven in various conditions, I'm at 3.5kWh. Typically, when charging to 90% it shows 290 miles.

@Murse-In-Airy, when was the last time you reset your GOM? I haven't since March, but I've been happy with results.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I am hoping for better range during the Winter months! :)
You likely will. Drive it Minnesota or Montana in February and you will experience the drop. It's very temperature dependent.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@Murse-In-Airy, when was the last time you reset your GOM? I haven't since March, but I've been happy with results.
Reset when I bought it and never again. Not going to force it forget anything I’ve taught it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
In the spirit of beating the deadhorse to decomposition, here's something to think about: the range displayed in the dash, don't know what GOM means, depends on the ratio miles/kWh of previous trips and the outside temperature.

Recently, on a trip to Park City, UT, In noticed that my range went from 174 miles at 80% SoC to 130 miles 80% SoC and the range would drop 10 miles overnight as the vehicle was accumulating snow outside - most hotels don't have covered parking or chargers available.

With winter approaching I expect the range to drop, not sure by how much.
I have observed similar behavior. It doesn’t rain where I live much but one day it did rain steadily overnight and throughout the following day. When I got into the car the estimated range was much less than normal. I presume the car was allowing for the inclement weather and it's affect on range. Pretty cool actually.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Reset when I bought it and never again. Not going to force it forget anything I’ve taught it.
Same. Actually. I have never reset the driving history and now have over 21k miles. I presume the dealer reset it when they prepared the car for delivery. Maybe. ;)
Sponsored