Anybody not getting plug/charging status in FordPass?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
There was a brief time around a month ago when FordPass started giving me pop ups on the home screen alerting me whether the car was plugged in, charging, etc. I could tap the charging pop up and it would give me charge stats, most of which were blank or inaccurate, but it was something.

All this disappeared from my iOS app about a month ago and has not returned. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that didn’t help. I have heard that other people with iOS are still getting these notifications. Any ideas what’s wrong with my app / car?

My app can interact with the car on a limited basis. I can push basic home page commands to the car (power on, lock, unlock, open lift gate). It also alerts me every time the car has locked upon walk away (not super useful, but it does that very reliably). PAAK seems to work although I haven’t tested it extensively. I can’t push any changes to the charging schedule from the app to the car.

Your input appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called the FordPass number and a “FordPass Guide” told me that according to an email he received Tuesday, the charging and plug-in status is only displayed in the app when Level 3 charging through the FordPass network. For all other charging, such as a garage or public L2 charging, status will only be displayed on the infotainment screen and not in the app. I don’t think any of this information is correct. Can anyone please verify?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I called the FordPass number and a “FordPass Guide” told me that according to an email he received Tuesday, the charging and plug-in status is only displayed in the app when Level 3 charging through the FordPass network. For all other charging, such as a garage or public L2 charging, status will only be displayed on the infotainment screen and not in the app. I don’t think any of this information is correct. Can anyone please verify?
The "guide" lied to you. He must have decided that truth should only be revealed when you can't come up with a good lie. I've been able to see the state of charging activity before, during, and after charging. Here some examples from garage:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody not getting plug/charging status in FordPass? Screenshot_20210603-111934_FordPass
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody not getting plug/charging status in FordPass? Screenshot_20210511-181320_FordPass
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody not getting plug/charging status in FordPass? Screenshot_20210603-111943_FordPass

N.B. I use Android, but that shouldn't matter. Also I have similar experience using 3rd party L2 chargers.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The "guide" lied to you. He must have decided that truth should only be revealed when you can't come up with a good lie. I've been able to see the state of charging activity before, during, and after charging. Here some examples from garage:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody not getting plug/charging status in FordPass? Screenshot_20210603-111943_FordPass

N.B. I use Android, but that shouldn't matter. Also I have similar experience using 3rd party L2 chargers.
Thanks this is what I used to have. I knew that info was wrong but didn’t really have any way to argue it. Frustrating.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I am seeing nee messages that I didn't see before like Preparing for Drive as shown above. Have recently seen Plugged In Not Charging.

Waiting for the Sipping Margaritas by the Pool message soon. :)

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I’m at a loss. Other iOS users are getting this functionality. Ford’s customer service isn’t helpful. I really don’t want to waste time going back to the dealer just to “document the issue.” Anybody have any ideas?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called and spoke to another FordPass Guide. This guy at least recognized that this isn’t working for me, and did some basic troubleshooting (checking the app version and app connectivity settings - all enabled). He created a ticket to escalate the issue. I suspect there is an issue on the car side.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am seeing nee messages that I didn't see before like Preparing for Drive as shown above. Have recently seen Plugged In Not Charging.

Waiting for the Sipping Margaritas by the Pool message soon. :)
Last message I got was Gone out with a porsche see you at 9.

We are the knights that say nee.

dcredraider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. I have FordPass installed on an Android phone and an iPhone, but the app will not show the charging status of the vehicle, whether at home, L2, or L3 charger.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get assistance from Ford without having to go into a dealership? I tried chatting with someone in the FordPass app, but they were completely unhelpful.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad to know I’m not the only one with the problem. Unfortunately, it has been two weeks since my ticket with FordPass was opened and I have received no update.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I had the same problem with receiving charging info on Ford Pass android until I deselected profiles on the car's main screen. Now I receive everything including the "Charge to 100%" option on the charging details screen.
I can't understand why the charging info would be related to the profiles option, but that is the only change I made that resulted in being able to see the info. I had actually deselected the car's profile option to see if I could solve the problem I was having saving changes to the car's configurations. Deslecting 'Profiles' solved both problems - for me, anyway.

Update: The charging pop-up that lets you override the charging to set 100% has disappeared in Android again, but is still there in my OS version of Fordpass (Both have ver .26)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the same problem with receiving charging info on Ford Pass android until I deselected profiles on the car's main screen. Now I receive everything including the "Charge to 100%" option on the charging details screen.
I can't understand why the charging info would be related to the profiles option, but that is the only change I made that resulted in being able to see the info. I had actually deselected the car's profile option to see if I could solve the problem I was having saving changes to the car's configurations. Deslecting 'Profiles' solved both problems - for me, anyway.
Wow. I will try this! I have an active profile running in my car. Did you re-activate your profile after?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Wow. I will try this! I have an active profile running in my car. Did you re-activate your profile after?
No. I've left profiles off. Unless you are a one car family, you probably don't share that often anyway.

dcredraider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks for the info! I'll give this a try. Our family uses the profiles, but the charging information is more useful for me, so I'm going to give it a shot.

It took two tries, but I finally got the Ford agent to escalate the issue for me. The first agent, Crystal, refused to escalate the issue and told me the only option was to call the FordPass Charging Network. I had already tried that and was told by them that they had no idea why I had been referred to them as they had nothing to do with the app. I told all of this to Crystal, but she refused to do anything else other than give me the same number.

The second agent opened a ticket to escalate the issue, so hopefully I'll get some help one day.

The Ford customer service experience has been unbelievably bad so far though.

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Same issue started for me within the last two days, at least with my car parked at home. The main page "Charge level" % has often been inaccurate, but previously the Charging/details popup for the "Charge session" had been more reliable. This popup did not appear last night. I was able to get it to reappear by disconnecting my car from my home wifi network and reconnecting it, then refreshing the app; I am not sure if this had anything to do with it. I was then able to instruct the car to charge to 100% (normally set to 80%) for this session. However, the app is again not updating the main page charge session %.

I wonder if it has something to do with the car's connectivity; in my detached garage, the wifi signal is a little faint and it also is a bit of a dead zone for cellular connectivity. That being said, it had been fairly reliable until yesterday.

I tried changing profiles today, didn't seem to do anything.
Sponsored