First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
Reviews for the car are okay, but
1) Ordered in November and this wait is killing me + I don't want to risk not getting the tax credit
2) I'm not a fan of the ioniq5 or ev6 exterior at all
Sponsored

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: you mean EQS? If you have over $100k to spend, get a Lucid or a Plaid ??? if Ford is adding $5k-$20k ADM could you imagine what MB is adding?

OP
OP

macheez

First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: you mean EQS? If you have over $100k to spend, get a Lucid or a Plaid ??? if Ford is adding $5k-$20k ADM could you imagine what MB is adding?
No, EQB.

Still in pre-order territory. Deliveries around August '22 according to my local dealer. Same price range as MME and no markup.

I already have a MME pre-order from November, but this waiting game / lack of transparency is killing me, haha.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
No, EQB.

Still in pre-order territory. Deliveries around August '22 according to my local dealer. Same price range as MME and no markup.

I already have a MME pre-order from November, but this waiting game / lack of transparency is killing me, haha.
Totally different vehicle. Smaller battery, less power; but, it is a MB so you're getting a Luxury branded SUV vs Domestic brand crossover (even if they're the same price). Not too many people cross shop a MB and a Ford. ?‍♂

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
Not EQB but seriously considering EQS SUV which has real 7 seats and it’s much better looking than the sedan version.

OP
OP

macheez

First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
Totally different vehicle. Smaller battery, less power; but, it is a MB so you're getting a Luxury branded SUV vs Domestic brand crossover (even if they're the same price). Not too many people cross shop a MB and a Ford. ?‍♂

Similar price point, 250ish mile range, electric SUV. I'd say that's a decent amount of overlap to cross shop vehicles if you don't like how to kia and hyundai look. To each their own ;)

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The range is just going to be so much lower on the EQB with such a small battery. Only does 110 vs 150 fast charging, not a deal breaker for me, but something to bring up.

The drive/console displays are just horrible. I had an E300 before my MME and the console center display was longer and went more to the right. For whatever reason, the EQB one looks like it is missing a few inches and seems off... so weird that it doesn't extend to past those center A/C vents.

I'm also not a big fan of MBZ reliability, although Ford doesn't really get top marks in that regard either. It does seem for the cash, you're getting more bang for your buck in the MME, especially with tech and displays. I'm also not sure if MBZ would be doing any OTA updates. Being that BlueCruise is FINALLY rolling out OTA and updating some crazy modules, I'm hopeful they'll start going more gangbusters with it.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
"Hey Mercedes" "Why is my winter range only 150mi?" ....sorry just had to for the lolz. Totally get price cross shopping, im just saying the average EV buyer is not realistically considering that. How much of the price is going to add on options? MB is notorious for charging extra for paint, tech, services, etc...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I drove the EQS (but it was a sedan, not an SUV). It’s VERY nice. However, I’d really be concerned about MB and the software in the vehicle. I don’t know if MB has significantly more experience with software than Ford, but that vehicle is even MORE software dependent than the Mustang Mach E!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I drove the EQS (but it was a sedan, not an SUV). It’s VERY nice. However, I’d really be concerned about MB and the software in the vehicle. I don’t know if MB has significantly more experience with software than Ford, but that vehicle is even MORE software dependent than the Mustang Mach E!
Agree. The EQS is very very nice. By far the best EV I have ever driven (so far). Pricey though.
MB seems very confident in their driver aid features. I am curious what it feels like.
https://insideevs.com/news/575160/mercedes-accepts-legal-responsibility-drive-pilot/

For what it is worth.....I have a fairly old (2003 SL500) that has the MB version of Adaptive Cruise Control and it's not at good as Ford's system but isn't far from it. That car is nearly 20 years old so it's kinda impressive they were including features like that way back then. They might have quite a bit of experience in those types of systems.

That same car also has an Adaptive Body Control system which is basically an Active/Dynamic Ride control. It is VERY good when working properly. MUCH better than the MagnaRide system that GM and Ford uses.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Errr. The Caddy Lyriq says Look at me dammit

I light up like a disco coke whore during Saturday night fever and John Travolta is dancing

you can order me in May. Maybe

Best of all it’s a Taddiwac

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

I light up like a disco coke whore during Saturday night fever and John Travolta is dancing

Wow, this even stumped google!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone considering a Mercedes Benz EQB? BFD871B3-5CC1-48B2-838D-5257ED590A26

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

You sold me at “disco coke whore” I really need to be rolling up to da club in one of those ?
Can I use my X-Plan to buy one of these “disco coke whores”? ?
All joking aside, between MB, Lucid, Cadillac, and the Genesis (does Audi even make any EVs, or just their toys with ~ 100 mile range or something silly like that), Lincoln had better plan on bringing their A game when they get into the EV space.

OP
OP

macheez

First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
You sold me at “disco coke whore” I really need to be rolling up to da club in one of those ?
Can I use my X-Plan to buy one of these “disco coke whores”? ?
All joking aside, between MB, Lucid, Cadillac, and the Genesis (does Audi even make any EVs, or just their toys with ~ 100 mile range or something silly like that), Lincoln had better plan on bringing their A game when they get into the EV space.
Genesis GV70 looks fire too. Any intel on release timeframe there?
Sponsored