Anyone who is waiting having second thoughts?

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
Reading all these threads of cars breaking down are making me second guess if I want to take delivery (which might be in a week or two). Anyone else?
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Mine should be arriving any day now... not having second thoughts at all
When ours was on its way to the dealer a couple months ago, there were just as many complaints on the forum.

There are about 12,000 forum members. There are about a dozenā€”let's say two dozenā€”major issues reported, lots of smaller issues reported. That's about a 0.2% major issue report rate on a forum basically designed to bring out the complaints. Let's just go ahead and double that for argument's sake. A 0.4% major problem rate.

The various reliability reports from places like JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc., find that the industry average has about 190 problems per 100 vehicles. But those are not always major problems. I wouldn't be surprised if there are an average of about 2 problems with each Mustang Mach-E. For major issues like motors, batteries, etc., these reliability reports find around 2% problem rate industry average.

With the kind of amplification that happens on the forum, and, probably well under 1% major problem rate reported on the forum, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about as an individual owner.

Statistically, you're more likely to experience major issues with almost any other EV that's out there than with the Mustang (except Kia/Hyundai). A recent report from a UK survey found that about 5% of Teslas in the UK had developed a major fault that required multiple days in the shop.

Of course, the problems can make life miserable for each person who experiences them.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
When ours was on its way to the dealer a couple months ago, there were just as many complaints on the forum.

There are about 12,000 forum members. There are about a dozenā€”let's say two dozenā€”major issues reported, lots of smaller issues reported. That's about a 0.2% major issue report rate on a forum basically designed to bring out the complaints. Let's just go ahead and double that for argument's sake. A 0.4% major problem rate.

The various reliability reports from places like JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc., find that the industry average has about 190 problems per 100 vehicles. But those are not always major problems. I wouldn't be surprised if there are an average of about 2 problems with each Mustang Mach-E. For major issues like motors, batteries, etc., these reliability reports find around 2% problem rate industry average.

With the kind of amplification that happens on the forum, and, probably well under 1% major problem rate reported on the forum, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about as an individual owner.

Statistically, you're more likely to experience major issues with almost any other EV that's out there than with the Mustang (except Kia/Hyundai). A recent report from a UK survey found that about 5% of Teslas in the UK had developed a major fault that required multiple days in the shop.

Of course, the problems can make life miserable for each person who experiences them.
7A47E1CC-EA44-4740-A9B1-4CDD33120C76.gif

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
When I was waiting, complaints would occasionally make me nervous, but as the person above said, you wont hear from the thousands of people who got their car and is out there driving problem free, as much as those who having issues.

I notice the Norwegian thread have very little activity after the last bunch got their cars. As an example. So I assume most of them are fine driving around. My car is working perfectly after getting an update to fix some small bugs (double honking when passenger getting in or out when car is on). I'm only here reading and posting because I love this car so much and enjoy keep reading about topics pertaining to it.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I ordered a Tesla just 10 days after my 2nd Mach e order. Now the model Y looks would come 2-3 months earlier. The original plan was cancel the one comes later, but since used car prices are insane now, I would keep both new ones and trade in the half year old Mach e.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
After about 5 months with no order update, I was able to get an EV6 for MSRP. I needed / wanted to get a car because we have a kid aging up and will need a car, especially for her summer job.

It's going on 8 months now and still no update.

It's not really second guessing in the way you are asking, but I wonder every day what I will do when / if the MME shows up. I really like the MME style, but the EV6 has cooled seats, heads up display, charges faster, might be a touch more efficient, and handles / drives great. The MME will be a step back in a few areas if I end up with it. (and probably an upgrade in a few areas too).

When I ordered the MME, is was kind of at the head of the pack for non-Tesla EV. That is less the case today.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
We've had ours for a year and two months, 8,900 miles. Besides 15.5" Screen going black, which a shut off and restart corrected, and Paak not quick enough, it's been fine.

It's why we're getting another one the end of the month, from FEbro GTPE.

I have experienced domestic and foreign all new models so am expecting some issues. I usually wait until year 3 of production as the bugs are mostly worked out by then.

I would would still buy it as long as I seen Ford is responding to any issues. We have another car should my MachE go down so that helps as well.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Reading all these threads of cars breaking down are making me second guess if I want to take delivery (which might be in a week or two). Anyone else?
Got mine a couple weeks ago. Flawless purchase and no real problems with car.
Many complaints here of are the I wish variety. I wish there was an audible warning along with the lights for the blind spot indicator system. Basically, I love the tech in the car. I feel safer and less stressed when driving.

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My regret is I didnā€™t go for the GT with magna ride. Didnā€™t even consider it until found out how good it was from suspension sections of the forum and it is not an option on the premium. With 22 weeks behind me and order books closed canā€™t justify starting over. No pre ordered bev from any source are available here. Had the option for a ev6 last week as the dealer got a shipment but despite its initial appeal and slightly smoother ride couldnā€™t go there. Volvoā€™s has availability in a month but my experience will their ice repair bills leaves something to be desired.
Bottom line itā€™s longer than expected but everybodyā€™s struggling and am hanging in there for my initial car of choice.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My regret is I didnā€™t go for the GT with magna ride. Didnā€™t even consider it until found out how good it was from suspension sections of the forum and it is not an option on the premium. With 22 weeks behind me and order books closed canā€™t justify starting over. No pre ordered bev from any source are available here. Had the option for a ev6 last week as the dealer got a shipment but despite its initial appeal and slightly smoother ride couldnā€™t go there. Volvoā€™s has availability in a month but my experience will their ice repair bills leaves something to be desired.
Bottom line itā€™s longer than expected but everybodyā€™s struggling and am hanging in there for my initial car of choice.
Iā€™ve got a Premium 4X and no regrets about suspension. Love the pano roof too, youā€™re gonna love it.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
If my latest delievry date holds true it will be exactly one year waitng for me. And YES I have no qualms about the purchase and consider the amount of issues repeorted are small compared to the amount of vehicles actually sold worldwide!

This is the second vehicle I have ever "ordered" the first was a Smart car for my wife when it was first introduced in the US. It was just under a year for that one and it lasted through my wife and daughter running it for three years and 180K miles! There were reports of obious issues with the car by other owners, but other than tires and the occasional oil change it just kept running! That car was replaced with a second Smart Car bought off the lot and my nephew owns it now at 238K miles.

I am confident Ford will get me a car that will last at least ten years or more, and if it doesn't, well that just the luck of the draw as they say.

Tony

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
We own two EV's - Tesla M3 and MME. Really like them both. The MME is my primary car - 1 year and 9,400 miles later and I still get a thrill driving it.

I use PAAK exclusively and the only issue I am having is related to receiving OTA updates since I'm stuck getting to 1.7.1. I am upset with how my dealership is handling the OTA issue but it doesn't affect the quality or experience I am having with the car.

None of the other EV's out there compare favorably to the looks in combination with the overall package of the MME IMO and I'm very happy with it. I am interested in seeing the Audi Q4 e-tron sportback - that's the only one that may make me do a double take.
Sponsored