RowingTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E (AWD LD)
Country flag
Hey everyone, been driving our new MME for a few weeks now and it is great. Have any of you been able to figure out how to get Apple's carplay to use split screen so that it can show both the maps and the music (see picture)?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple Carplay Split Screen Split scree

This was an option in our old car, but I can't find it in the MME. My understanding is that it was related to the iOS on the iPhone that was connected to it, but I am using the same phone.

Any help/guidance would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hey everyone, been driving our new MME for a few weeks now and it is great. Have any of you been able to figure out how to get Apple's carplay to use split screen so that it can show both the maps and the music (see picture)?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple Carplay Split Screen Split scree

This was an option in our old car, but I can't find it in the MME. My understanding is that it was related to the iOS on the iPhone that was connected to it, but I am using the same phone.

Any help/guidance would be very much appreciated.
You just press the bottom left dots to go to apps, and when in apps you can press again to go to split-screen view like pictured.

OP
OP

RowingTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugh, I assumed it was something I was doing. It is only showing me full-screen apps. I'll play more with it tonight to see if I can get to the split-screen view.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Ugh, I assumed it was something I was doing. It is only showing me full-screen apps. I'll play more with it tonight to see if I can get to the split-screen view.
Your phone also must be on at least iOS 13, I believe. Make sure it's all the way up to date

OP
OP

RowingTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, it’s confirmed, I’m an idiot. I had to swip right and the split screen appeared and now that it populated once, there is a quick key for it.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
You just press the bottom left dots to go to apps, and when in apps you can press again to go to split-screen view like pictured.
If you are on the app homepages, you can keep swiping them to the right to get to the split screen.