OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I live in South Florida 1 mile from the Ocean and dont have a garage. There is salt in the air and if I was a TikTokker I could film myself licking the car and it would taste salty. I also park my car near a cherry hedge that separates our property. I saw that Ford has a car cover. Has anyone used one? They seem to cost around $300. Other than not charging the car with the cover and other down sides? Waiting for tomorrows scheduling run to see if my reservation gets a production date. Fingers crossed!.
Sponsored

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Car covers will scratch the paint. Especially living where you do with the wind, salt and sand. You are better off not using one.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I live in South Florida 1 mile from the Ocean and dont have a garage. There is salt in the air and if I was a TikTokker I could film myself licking the car and it would taste salty. I also park my car near a cherry hedge that separates our property. I saw that Ford has a car cover. Has anyone used one? They seem to cost around $300. Other than not charging the car with the cover and other down sides? Waiting for tomorrows scheduling run to see if my reservation gets a production date. Fingers crossed!.
My cover is airy and light (fords) and I would think trapped humidity would not be an issue. May be best to wash it of all salt prior to covering it. If exterior temps are warm make sure the vents are clear in the front during charging. If you have a front plate mount the cover lifts up and catches on it to clear the louvers.
Sponsored