Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I just went to the site (also interested). They have a placeholder page for the MACH E but no ability to purchase. The placeholder page was not there 2 weeks ago - progress. To get there at the site choose ford-mustang-2021 - mach e. That's as far as you can go then it gives you 2 options but that's it.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I think painting the calipers is a better option. These look a little cheesy. And for the $200 these cost, you could basically pay a paint shop to paint them any color you want. Mine were $250 to paint.

The First Editions have red calipers on them and the premiums have the same caliper too, just not painted. And funny enough theyā€™re Brembos, just not painted.

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I think painting the calipers is a better option. These look a little cheesy. And for the $200 these cost, you could basically pay a paint shop to paint them any color you want. Mine were $250 to paint.

The First Editions have red calipers on them and the premiums have the same caliper too, just not painted. And funny enough theyā€™re Brembos, just not painted.
Iā€™m surprised at such a low price for painting. How are they holding up?
Are you in some middle state where work like that is generally cheaper?

Yeah, think we all know theyā€™re brembos. Painting them was just added gimmick to try and differentiate first editions

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I've looked around for painting services and it was recommended for longevity sake, the best option was powder coating. The estimate for taking off the calipers, powder coating and reinstallation was $900. Sounded high to me but the only option I could find - thus my interest in covers.

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've looked around for painting services and it was recommended for longevity sake, the best option was powder coating. The estimate for taking off the calipers, powder coating and reinstallation was $900. Sounded high to me but the only option I could find - thus my interest in covers.
Exactly the kind of quotes I was getting, hence my question on quality and location. Can imagine itā€™s not powder coated on Stang68ā€™s

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™m surprised at such a low price for painting. How are they holding up?
Are you in some middle state where work like that is generally cheaper?

Yeah, think we all know theyā€™re brembos. Painting them was just added gimmick to try and differentiate first editions
They did a really good job, local shop in the New York area Iā€™ve used before, a bit out of the way in Staten Island but they always have great prices and an excellent paint setup. The difference was they just masked the car and painted instead of taking the calipers off. Thatā€™s a much more expensive and technical job and I didnā€™t want the calipers coming off. A quote I got for that was $1200!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Brake Caliper Covers FEE3AA51-B3F7-4B88-A0BD-915519C39B4B

Ford Mustang Mach-E Brake Caliper Covers BABFB1D2-49BD-4E2F-A0D2-8ADECECB0984

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you find a good shop that preps the calipers properly and uses the right paint, then itā€™ll last. A good paint job can look just as good as powder coating even up close.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Why not just use high-temp paint?

david33309

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD|ER|Infinite Blue Metallic
Country flag
I like the red brake calipers on the GT but it wouldn't go with my color choice.
I know the history of why red and the thoughts on color matching vs contrast but I just don't think red and infinite blue look good together (maybe why it's not a GT color option haha).
So I was exploring my options and flirting with the idea of upgrade to GT. Not going to upgrade for a variety of reasons that I've covered elsewhere*
Found MGP brake caliper covers which seem like a good solution - link here
They're aluminium, not plastic, and act as a heat sink. So it's a cosmetic upgrade that could elongate the life of your parts.
I'm not attempting to 'trick' people into thinking I have a GT when I don't. Personally I think it's lame/poser-ish when you put aftermarket pieces on to insinuate you have a higher spec than you do.

Does anyone have experience with these?
Are you tempted by them yourself?
Do you think these 'fake' calipers are an abomination?

Interested to hear your thoughts. But just a side note for anyone in camp #3, the GT brake calipers are painted red. Is painting impersonating brembo brakes? Therefore they are 'fake'?.

* but feel free to ask if interested.
Which option did you choose? I went Fordā†’Mustangā†’2021ā†’ then there were no options for a Premium Mach-E.

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which option did you choose? I went Fordā†’Mustangā†’2021ā†’ then there were no options for a Premium Mach-E.
yeah place in San Diego apparently hasnā€™t had a Mach E to model the calliper. One guy said he was taking his but still nothing. The listing you selected is for ICE mustang. Iā€™m not close enough so think Iā€™ll end up painting eventually but need to buy jacks and everything first

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
yeah place in San Diego apparently hasnā€™t had a Mach E to model the calliper. One guy said he was taking his but still nothing. The listing you selected is for ICE mustang. Iā€™m not close enough so think Iā€™ll end up painting eventually but need to buy jacks and everything first
Iā€™m not aware of any company that makes caliper covers for 4-piston fixed calipers such as the ones on the front of the MME. Thereā€™s a reason for that. Fixed calipers look great compared to the sliding calipers most people are used to seeing. Plus, theyā€™re rather large.

The Brembo calipers on the MME are already a low profile, lightweight version created by Brembo specifically for EV fitments with very little wheel clearance.

Paint or powder coat them.
Sponsored