JBB_JD

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 22 Escape Hy, 20 Fusion Hy, 20 Escape
Country flag
Weird. I think repair shops are afraid of damage to the batteries but videos online make them look ultra secure, especially from deer attack.
Sponsored

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
When I was at Ford for the window recall some of the tech were talking about the additional safety training and measures they have to go through to work on electric cars. So that plus additional insurance to deal with workers and damage I could see some places not yet willing to commit.

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
The insurance company issued me a check for $7550. Once I get that and the estimate, I will take it into Ford. Then the weeks and/or months to wait until parts come in.

JBB_JD

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 22 Escape Hy, 20 Fusion Hy, 20 Escape
Country flag
Does anyone know about the Tesla charging station just off I-16 in Dublin, Ga? I noticed it awhile back but have not been close. With GaPower/ChargePoint sometimes not working across the road, it would make a good Plan B "if" new plugs are there.

NoMoreGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 MME Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Does anyone know about the Tesla charging station just off I-16 in Dublin, Ga? I noticed it awhile back but have not been close. With GaPower/ChargePoint sometimes not working across the road, it would make a good Plan B "if" new plugs are there.
Atlanta area…

pandahugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
The insurance company issued me a check for $7550. Once I get that and the estimate, I will take it into Ford. Then the weeks and/or months to wait until parts come in.
Hi Mayesc1,
Any update on how the repair process has gone for you? My husband caused a small wreck to the front end of my MME and I’ve just started the process of insurance and contacting Ford Certified Collision repair places.

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
Hi Mayesc1,
Any update on how the repair process has gone for you? My husband caused a small wreck to the front end of my MME and I’ve just started the process of insurance and contacting Ford Certified Collision repair places.
The parts came in late February, and I dropped it off. I had a rental for 6 weeks as the bumper was not ordered as a kit or they did not order a kit. So what they ordered was short 2 sensor and a mounting bracket. Once all was said and done the total cost of $11,400 or so not including the rental. Once the dealership totaled it up, they called the adjuster who told the insurance company the difference. I paid Ford the $7550 I received, and the insurance paid the rest directly to the dealership. So I never had to do anything.
Sponsored