Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The UK charging infrastructure is not as mature as the American and any return journey of over 120 miles in each direction forces me to use my BMW which totally goes against the merits of owning an electric car.
Sorry mate - I’m going to have to call you out on this one. You can’t go more than 120 miles becuase of the UK charging infrastructure?

Might I suggest you download the Zap-Map or PlugShare app to help you find the literally thousands of rapid chargers there are around you in the UK.

I’ve travelled the four corners of the UK in electric cars, and have done a good few thousand miles travelling the country in the Mach-E.

If you’ve found the Mach-E isn’t for you - that’s fine - but don’t make excuses based on false information that might mislead others.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery capacity and pre collision assist F058E2DE-5995-4729-8AB1-4D914EF50D81
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Will K

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E AWD ER
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
whether you wish to replace your Mustang is a decision only you can make.

i own the same variant as yours, MME ER AWD.

1) in UK, in our winters, i think 2.8 mls/kwh is very good. other UK drivers can chime in as well on that

2) 330 miles is the advertised range. there are a few zillion posts on this subject on why you are highly unlikely to get it or will get it under incredibly controlled conditions

3) i drove a Jag XF before and i never got the advertised mileage for that or any other ICE car i owned. same equation applies to BEV too

4) pls search for my other posts on what can be done to increase mls/kwh. TLDR: turn e-heat off, turn on steering and seat warming
Coolshades, thanks, I have had the issue sine June when I first got the car and so I have not seen a deterioration as we approach winter. I cannot compare the mileage to my diesel car really other than to say on a full tank i get 672 miles , it is a 520d Touring M Sport X Drive and probably the best car I have ever driven. They are bringing out an all electric version in 2023 and that is probably where my money will go. I was unaware of steering heating and the driver assistance sensititity options as pointed out by
whether you wish to replace your Mustang is a decision only you can make.

i own the same variant as yours, MME ER AWD.

1) in UK, in our winters, i think 2.8 mls/kwh is very good. other UK drivers can chime in as well on that

2) 330 miles is the advertised range. there are a few zillion posts on this subject on why you are highly unlikely to get it or will get it under incredibly controlled conditions

3) i drove a Jag XF before and i never got the advertised mileage for that or any other ICE car i owned. same equation applies to BEV too

4) pls search for my other posts on what can be done to increase mls/kwh. TLDR: turn e-heat off, turn on steering and seat warming
Thanks, I have been getting 2.8m/kWh since June with no seasonal variation so far. I now understand that 330 is a pipe dream but I feel the sales and marketing here in the UK is unreasonable because the dealers still quote 330 miles whereas with pertol and diesel they state the "real distance " rather than the "marketed" distance as they have knowledge which they do not have for the Mustang. Indeed my local dealership are as exasperated as I am. My other car is a BMW 520d X Xrive M Sport and I get 672 miles on a tank, BMW are releasing an all electric version of this in 2023 and that is probably where my money will go.

OP
OP

Will K

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E AWD ER
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Sorry mate - I’m going to have to call you out on this one. You can’t go more than 120 miles becuase of the UK charging infrastructure?

Might I suggest you download the Zap-Map or PlugShare app to help you find the literally thousands of rapid chargers there are around you in the UK.

I’ve travelled the four corners of the UK in electric cars, and have done a good few thousand miles travelling the country in the Mach-E.

If you’ve found the Mach-E isn’t for you - that’s fine - but don’t make excuses based on false information that might mislead others.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery capacity and pre collision assist F058E2DE-5995-4729-8AB1-4D914EF50D81

OP
OP

Will K

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E AWD ER
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Thanks Wonkey Donkey, whilst I am aware of rapid chargers let me give you an expample when I went to Shropshire, I parked in Shrewsbury which was 14 miles from my destination for charging, I plugged in to the 32A charger and took a two hour break and got back to the car to find that it had only charged 6 additional miles. I went on the Church Stretton and was fortunate to find a free 32A charger at the Co Op that was not listed on my search so was fortunate to be able to charge. I mostly travel to rural areas to see family and friends and there are no chargers available so whilst you can count your self lucky to benefit from the chargers you use I have not had that experience and mine is also shared by others.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Coolshades, thanks, I have had the issue sine June when I first got the car and so I have not seen a deterioration as we approach winter. I cannot compare the mileage to my diesel car really other than to say on a full tank i get 672 miles , it is a 520d Touring M Sport X Drive and probably the best car I have ever driven. They are bringing out an all electric version in 2023 and that is probably where my money will go. I was unaware of steering heating and the driver assistance sensititity options as pointed out by

Thanks, I have been getting 2.8m/kWh since June with no seasonal variation so far. I now understand that 330 is a pipe dream but I feel the sales and marketing here in the UK is unreasonable because the dealers still quote 330 miles whereas with pertol and diesel they state the "real distance " rather than the "marketed" distance as they have knowledge which they do not have for the Mustang. Indeed my local dealership are as exasperated as I am. My other car is a BMW 520d X Xrive M Sport and I get 672 miles on a tank, BMW are releasing an all electric version of this in 2023 and that is probably where my money will go.

i looked up the BMW 52d X Drive M Sport Saloon from BMW's UK website. it says the consumption is 54.3 - 49.6 mpg. Tank capacity is 66 l.

now, 1 UK gallon is 4.5406 l.

doing my maths, a full tank should give you 789 - 721 miles, based on those consumption figures.

you say you get 672 miles.

have you gone to your dealer and accused them of unreasonable selling?

i am sure i am coming across as snarky, but honestly, it feels like you didn't do your research well enough before buying your MME.

there are tons of posts here and on different forums on real world ranges on full battery capacity.

btw, i was getting 3-3.1 before the cold started. i got my car in Sept and it's done 1900 miles now.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks Wonkey Donkey, whilst I am aware of rapid chargers let me give you an expample when I went to Shropshire, I parked in Shrewsbury which was 14 miles from my destination for charging, I plugged in to the 32A charger and took a two hour break and got back to the car to find that it had only charged 6 additional miles. I went on the Church Stretton and was fortunate to find a free 32A charger at the Co Op that was not listed on my search so was fortunate to be able to charge. I mostly travel to rural areas to see family and friends and there are no chargers available so whilst you can count your self lucky to benefit from the chargers you use I have not had that experience and mine is also shared by others.
Ok - so I understand your issue now if you are only using 7kW (32A) public chargers. They’re fine for a free cheeky tiny top-up at Tescos etc, but you need to use the DC Rapid chargers if you’re out and about.

A 15min stop at one of these will add a good amount to your battery in a short time and allow you to continue to your onward destination. Plug in, grab a coffee, by the time you get back to the car you should have added more than enough to see you through.

I live in rural Norfolk and even we have DC Rapid chargers dotted about.

Here’s the map for your part of the country….
These are just the rapid chargers excluding the slow ones.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery capacity and pre collision assist 7D7865CB-85DD-490F-93A6-6D4BCED9AE42

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
This is not to criticise the OP, but I wonder if EV owners require a higher degree of car literacy than ICE owners.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This is not to criticise the OP, but I wonder if EV owners require a higher degree of car literacy than ICE owners.
You might argue the opposite.

I think my kids could figure out which buttons to push on a BEV faster than how to change oil on an ICE.

They work more like a cell phone than a car.

BEV not working? Try resetting it.

ICE not working? Check the battery, starter or alternator.
Sponsored