Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E AWD ER
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Thanks,

I have tested it keeping to the 30,40,50,60,70 mph speed limits and still get 2.8 m/kwh in fact at faster speeds I get the same. The rating system is clearly flawed and I acknoweldge that all cars in Europe are tested to the same level but the Ford Salesmen do not have the knowledge to manage expectations at point of sale but quote the distance from the website at 330 miles. My neighbour has the new ew Mercedes which has a heat pump and his distances are superior to Ford, I think I will sell my car and get an alternative which is a great shame as I have alswys wanted to own a mustang. The UK charging infrastructure is not as mature as the American and any return journey of over 120 miles in each direction forces me to use my BMW which totally goes against the merits of owning an electric car.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Thanks,

I have tested it keeping to the 30,40,50,60,70 mph speed limits and still get 2.8 m/kwh in fact at faster speeds I get the same. The rating system is clearly flawed and I acknoweldge that all cars in Europe are tested to the same level but the Ford Salesmen do not have the knowledge to manage expectations at point of sale but quote the distance from the website at 330 miles. My neighbour has the new ew Mercedes which has a heat pump and his distances are superior to Ford, I think I will sell my car and get an alternative which is a great shame as I have alswys wanted to own a mustang. The UK charging infrastructure is not as mature as the American and any return journey of over 120 miles in each direction forces me to use my BMW which totally goes against the merits of owning an electric car.
The question is - is his range actually superior? Is this calculated or indicated? Ford is super conservative on the range estimates given to the driver in car. I was able to achieve the US rated 270 miles in my car no problem with mixed city and highway driving, even doing 280 often. With all city driving 300+ was not unheard of in the summer. 330 though seems incredibly difficult to do.

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
if you are slowing down without the brake (1pd or just L regen) it doesn't actually know if you are paying attention. When you put your foot on the brake it assumes you are paying attention and doesn't engage - at least that's how I've experienced it.
I’m also annoyed by the pre-collision assist because it certainly does not work like this, in my experience. When I’m dropping the kids off to school I’ll be crawling along at 1 or 2 mph in a line of traffic and even though I am actively braking with plenty of room in front of me it will still engage and slam on the brakes for me. I’ve learned to just give an unnecessarily long space (think 1/2 of a car length) in front of me.

It feels way, way more paranoid than any other car I’ve ever driven in.

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
There's no problem. The testing cycle in your country set's unrealistic expectations.

GOM not always pessamistic Before departure (car plugged in) my Mileage was 192 after departure it was 189 did 10 mile journey and range left was 175 !!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I’m also annoyed by the pre-collision assist because it certainly does not work like this, in my experience. When I’m dropping the kids off to school I’ll be crawling along at 1 or 2 mph in a line of traffic and even though I am actively braking with plenty of room in front of me it will still engage and slam on the brakes for me. I’ve learned to just give an unnecessarily long space (think 1/2 of a car length) in front of me.

It feels way, way more paranoid than any other car I’ve ever driven in.
I keep mine set on normal sensitivity and I don't see this. To be fair the only time I'm generally in traffic like this is on the intestate and I'm using BC then. Is yours set to low sensitivity?

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I keep mine set on normal sensitivity and I don't see this. To be fair the only time I'm generally in traffic like this is on the intestate and I'm using BC then. Is yours set to low sensitivity?
I had no idea it was configurable. I just adjusted the sensitivity to the low setting and look forward to trying it out for a bit.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Thanks,

How are you testing your m/kWh?

At 40 mph you should be getting about double the efficiency as you will at 70 mph. So if you’re measuring the same at those different speeds, your “measuring stick” is broken.

Another question- what was your last car? Did you get the advertised mpg in it?

Because I never have with any car I’ve owned. I didn’t expect anything different with my BEV.

Unfortunately, none of this helps you if you can’t make your commute with your current range.

OP
OP

Will K

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E AWD ER
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
The problem is the car doesn't know sometimes if you are in control. So it assumes you aren't. All it knows is what it's sensors/camera tells it based on how it is programmed.

if you are slowing down without the brake (1pd or just L regen) it doesn't actually know if you are paying attention. When you put your foot on the brake it assumes you are paying attention and doesn't engage - at least that's how I've experienced it.
Thanks I use the brake when slowing down the issue does not materialise in driving with cars in the same lane as I keep a semnsible distance it is at junctions when I am braking it does not recognise that I am slowing and also that the acr in frtont is pulling away. I will discuss with the garage.
Thanks to all on the responses regarding mileage realised with the battery, Ford are due to contact me to discuss. My garage are not suitably qualified to resolve this and must speak to a Ford Master Techncian, however rather frustratingly I am not permitted to discuss with the Master Technician. So I have to get the garage to do that.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Thanks I use the brake when slowing down the issue does not materialise in driving with cars in the same lane as I keep a semnsible distance it is at junctions when I am braking it does not recognise that I am slowing and also that the acr in frtont is pulling away. I will discuss with the garage.
Thanks to all on the responses regarding mileage realised with the battery, Ford are due to contact me to discuss. My garage are not suitably qualified to resolve this and must speak to a Ford Master Techncian, however rather frustratingly I am not permitted to discuss with the Master Technician. So I have to get the garage to do that.
This is the most common false alert of this system. It is limited to the programming which is bad at recognizing a car is turning in front of you. I recommend slowing down a little more to avoid it reacting and make sure you have the sensitivity set on LOW.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
if you are slowing down without the brake (1pd or just L regen) it doesn't actually know if you are paying attention.
This. I drive 1pd exclusively. The system alerts me of impending doom every time someone swings wide to make a right turn, moves to a left lane, etc. Annoying, but it doesn't know what you do.
The UK charging infrastructure is not as mature as the American
The charging network here is rather lacking as well. We are a continent (and change) sized country. There are major gaps along our motorways (freeways to us). And if you're not traveling by those, good luck. This is a disadvantage of being an early adopter.
The question is - is his range actually superior? Is this calculated or indicated?
This is something you're going to need to determine before doing anything @Will K. Every car sold follows the appropriate range and mileage tests mandated by the government. There are very few cars that exceed the actual range of the mach-e in real life.

Also, you may need to examine your driving conditions compared to friends with electric cars. Those conditions can drastically change your miles/kWh. As an example, I live on the side of a 13,700 ft mountain. My miles per kWh during those climbs drops to as low as 1.2 miles/kWh (briefly). My range meter as a result rarely shows over 210 miles, yet my actual real range is consistently around 300 miles in real life. I also have a 3.7 miles per kWh average since new.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Thanks,

whether you wish to replace your Mustang is a decision only you can make.

i own the same variant as yours, MME ER AWD.

1) in UK, in our winters, i think 2.8 mls/kwh is very good. other UK drivers can chime in as well on that

2) 330 miles is the advertised range. there are a few zillion posts on this subject on why you are highly unlikely to get it or will get it under incredibly controlled conditions

3) i drove a Jag XF before and i never got the advertised mileage for that or any other ICE car i owned. same equation applies to BEV too

4) pls search for my other posts on what can be done to increase mls/kwh. TLDR: turn e-heat off, turn on steering and seat warming

Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
Bev,

thanks, interesting reading, it seems other have the same issue whilst some are getting close to the advertised distance, I am getting 2.8m per kWh, buy a mustang and drive it like a pony seems to be the answe and how to advertise the car. I have also kept to the speed limit and not accelerated fast and can only increase the distance to 3.0m per kWh without much traffic in ideal driving conditions but as I cannot charge to 330 miles to start with I have a problem.
Wow 2.8 to 3km /kWh. What the heck are you doing? Worst case I get 4 km/kWh but merely between 5.3 and 5.6. Unbridled mode with 1PD, but accelerating like a normal car and 105 kmh highway only....Airco on, heatet seats, but pre-heated when I leave in the morning

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wow 2.8 to 3km /kWh. What the heck are you doing? Worst case I get 4 km/kWh but merely between 5.3 and 5.6. Unbridled mode with 1PD, but accelerating like a normal car and 105 kmh highway only....Airco on, heatet seats, but pre-heated when I leave in the morning
He is quoting miles per kwh, you are quoting km. 3m/kwh =4.8km/kwh

Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
Ah...typical.... metric units vs imperial units. It is time that the last of the mohicans follow the rest of the world
Sponsored