Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a GT. Drive it like I stole it. Live at 8000 ft elevation and drive up and down all the time to 5000 ft. It's 18 degrees right now and snow on the road. I'm averaging 2.5m/kwh. That's about 220 miles in dead of winter . I'll take it. Pay no attention to GOM.
Damn Thor, you are a beast. I mostly drive my GT-PE like grandma on a sunny afternoon. ??
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I leave mine plugged in at home and heat it before I leave but almost never see more then 10% climate. 68 degrees and seat heater on.
I think it is the low speed and stop and go driving. I heat it up plugged in, but then I only drive about 6 miles round trip to get my kid from school. The trip takes 15 to 20 minutes, so I am running the heat pretty long for each mile driven.

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
I picked up my MME GT on Halloween. The indicated range started at 235...by Thanksgiving, it had adjusted to my driving style (and we had decent weather here in DC) that it clocked in at 268. As the weather finally shifted colder in Dec and Jan, the estimated is closer to 245-250 at full charge. I make it a point not to use the heater unless I need to defog the windows (keep plenty warm with seat heater). I read somewhere once that the heater, all by itself, can burn as much as 6 kW per hour (that's like 15-20 miles of range lost each hour separate from the vehicle batt usage). The heater is killer on range...and so is north of 70 mph. I'm not saying ya gotta drive conservatively, but just know blowing people off the line or causing at 80+ on the highway cut into range and you'll want to plan your trips for stopping an extra time or two in those cases.
Sponsored