Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
How did you get red brake calipers? Is that a First Edition?
Yes, First Edition.
Found one on the Ford site and dived on it. Was a cancelled order, so in stock.
Reckon I got lucky, looking at the current delivery times.
When I did my test drive, the dealer told me to buy one immediately, as there was going to be some long waits if I didn't. Guess he wasn't wrong.

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro SS/RS, MME Premium ER-AWD (someday)
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
Yes, First Edition.
Found one on the Ford site and dived on it. Was a cancelled order, so in stock.
Reckon I got lucky, looking at the current delivery times.
When I did my test drive, the dealer told me to buy one immediately, as there was going to be some long waits if I didn't. Guess he wasn't wrong.
How close to MSRP did you get?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Interesting that you have an 'AWD' badge on the back. North American cars don't have that. -- we just have the "4" in the Mach-E badge on the door if it's AWD. (I wonder how Ford decides these things.)

Reactions: ARK

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I love that tilt up garage door, @Trevor. I never see those here and they just look really cool as they open or close.

Looks like you've mounted the mobile EVSE to an outside wall. I'm not sure about the specs in Europe but I think here it's not recommended to leave it outside all the time. I suppose it's probably fine if it's shaded from most rain and if the plug to the wall socket is protected from the elements.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
How close to MSRP did you get?
I paid MSRP. As we get fleeced on initial prices, I've not heard of dealers trying to sell above MSRP and if they had tried this with me, I'f have walked away. The purchase all went through the Ford site, so not sure if they had much opportunity.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
I love that tilt up garage door, @Trevor. I never see those here and they just look really cool as they open or close.

Looks like you've mounted the mobile EVSE to an outside wall. I'm not sure about the specs in Europe but I think here it's not recommended to leave it outside all the time. I suppose it's probably fine if it's shaded from most rain and if the plug to the wall socket is protected from the elements.
The garage door closing leaves about 2cm spare at the front, if I touch my buffer sponge at the rear. Not a lot of space and nothing else in there!

I initially had the bracket there and was going to hang it there below an external plug, but when I tried it, it tripped the fuse on the circuit board. Now I have an external charger there and have relegated the Ford unit to the boot.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The garage door closing leaves about 2cm spare at the front, if I touch my buffer sponge at the rear. Not a lot of space and nothing else in there!

I initially had the bracket there and was going to hang it there below an external plug, but when I tried it, it tripped the fuse on the circuit board. Now I have an external charger there and have relegated the Ford unit to the boot.
Gotta love "buffer sponge". :D

That is a tight fit. We also have an F-150, and with the bumper touching the wall, I have about 2 inches (5cm) of space.

The next place we buy better have a 25' deep garage...